K5D Desecheo DXpedition 2009 is ON!

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by KP3S, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KP3S

KP3S Guest

I am amazed as how many people don't know how to use their radios, so many stations TX in the K5D TX, People they are not listerning because you are TX in the wrong frequency, they are RX 5-15 kc up. That is called split operations, if you read the manual it tells you how to use this funtion.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
  2. KV3C

KV3C Ham Member QRZ Page

What freq.?

Where do we listen? I have never worked Desecheo and work long hours with few days off. What times and freqs are best?:(

3. K1LYV

K1LYV Ham Member QRZ Page

keep an eye on the dx clusters... they are being "spotted" at least once every minute with what freq they are transmitting on and what range they are listening.

I have almost zero chance of getting though all the people who have turned on their amps. I'm going to gamble and let the big guns get it and wait a few days and maybe they will hear my measly mobile signal.

4. KP3S

KP3S Guest

They are going to listen for little pistols 100W or less every now and then. More info at their website http://kp5.us

5. K1LYV

K1LYV Ham Member QRZ Page

there is hope then :) I just have to get the screwdriver installed tomorrow

6. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have so far only listened to the CW op on 30 meters, and the SSB on 18 meters. In the time I listened, I never heard the operator send or say up. Only on the clusters is that indicated. No wonder so many people are sending on the DX frequency, and no wonder the cops are out in force.

7. KC2ESD

KC2ESD Ham Member QRZ Page

3800Khz

I'm listening tp K5D on 3800Khz and the frequency is a total madhouse.:eek:
    Good Luck K5D de Rick KC2ESD

8. KP3S

KP3S Guest

Traditionally most of DXpedition operations work split of 5 to 15 kc, on their website is a frequency chart and next to each frequency is a "up or dn" stating the split, just listen for the pile up and you found the split.

http://kp5.us

Bellow is a picture of all the plan frequencies, just print it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009
  9. WA2WMR

WA2WMR Ham Member QRZ Page

dx clusters???

10. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

If I can work them, I will, as they are an all time new one for me. Of course I will be considerate and work them once per band/mode and wait to check in the online log. Of course if I am not in the online log, I think it is reasonable for me to make an insurance QSO. We simply do not know if/when FWS will grant another permit to visit so everyone has to make the most of it. I'm sure that near to the end of the DXpedition they'll be begging for callers.

So yes, if you worked them already, please QRX. If you haven't, by all means work them wherever you are.

It is the job of the DXPEDITION, not individual operators to decide who they will answer. When they are ready to focus on EU (i.e. when there's propagation to EU) they'll work EU, and with their all star team I'm sure they'll do just that. I have confidence that this will be a well run operation.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.