ad: elecraft

K5BOC, Randy Griffin SK (Mountainburg, AR)

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by N5ARK, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N5ARK

N5ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

First time on the Razorback Net

I like many others were welcomed to the world of HF by Randy. I remember the first time I checked into the Razorback Net on 3987.5 how he made me feel welcome. He made sure that you were appreciated and welcome for sure. I later on met him and several hamfest and the handshake and big smile was unforgettable. You probably can not find a ham anywhere in Arkansas that hasn't learned something along the way from Randy. He would be the first one to let you know you were out of line and give you advice on how to correct yourself.

Brian, W5AMI, has several recordings on his website http://www.w5ami.net of him calling a net. If you want to hear the big voice and warm heart go take a listen.

There really is no more that I can say that someone else has not already...and that speaks for itself.

Everyones going to miss you Randy. May you rest in peace and your family have peace during this difficult time.

There is also a bunch of pictures of Randy on Brian's website.

God Bless

Attached Files:

2. KB5ECV

KB5ECV Ham Member QRZ Page

Rest In Peace Randy...

3. N5ARK

N5ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

Picture of Randy

Here is a picture of Randy I took a Russellville Hamfest last year.

Troy
    N5ARK[/QUOTE]

Attached Files:

4. KM5GJ

KM5GJ QRZ Lifetime Member #78 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Randy and I had been friends for 20+ years. During Y2K Randy became involved with me at the Crawford County Sheriff's Department in preparation for the possible problems in year 2000 rollover. As mid-night on the East coast passed we found out that it had been much to do about nothing. The good result was that Randy influenced at least 6 area law enforcement officers to become hams. We traveled together to several hamfests including a 850 mile round trip to Belton HamExpo a few years ago. Randy's station could always copy me mobile from South Padre Island. I will forever miss my friend, Rest in Peace.
    KM5GJ

5. K5XS

K5XS Ham Member QRZ Page

Randy was always a cheerful voice willing to lend a helping hand.

I will miss him.

Bernie K5XS

6. W9GRN

W9GRN Ham Member QRZ Page

My sympathies to his family.

7. AD5D

AD5D Guest

Randy was from the old school of ham operators! He was fair, honest and told it like it was!! He could carry on a conversation and send 50 wpm cw and never miss a word!!! Randy will always have a place in my heart and he was my wife's first HF contact! Wanda..K5GAL will never forget Randy nor the first contact!! Thanks Randy!!

8. W0LPQ

W0LPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Say it ain't so...!!! Met Randy in the early 80's when I lived in No Little Rock . Also met Dale and many others. Randy will be missed ... used to chat with him not only on the AR net, but Transcon as well ... Great op .. he may have ticked a few off .. but they deserved it .. Great NCS..!

RIP Randy ... you will be missed.

Murat Shrine Flying Fezzes
    AOPA/EAA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.