ad: elecraft

K4NBC SK dec 14 2012

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by PE2BD, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. PE2BD

PE2BD Ham Member QRZ Page

BOB, we will miss you.

73 old friend

Bram
    PE2BD

2. KC8NZJ

KC8NZJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes we will. It's very sad to hear about Bob. I talked to him numerous times living in Florida, and now via EchoLink. 73 Bob.

3. KJ4WW

KJ4WW Ham Member QRZ Page

Bob, I have worked your station Too many years to remember thru 147.000 repeater in Homestead/Miami. All of your friends in So. Florida will miss hearing your "broadcast newsman's voice" and I will miss the stories of the many reports you did and the famous individuals you interviewed. Bob was a real "newsman" in "the days of real reporters". The kind of reporters that protected their sources, kept their word and could be trusted with information. R.I.P. Bob, we on the South Miami Dade county repeaters will miss you... Kj4ww..

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  4. KM4OP

KM4OP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to hear this news, Bob and I worked together at Storer Communications back in the 80's in North Miami. seen him just a couple of months ago at a local hamfest, he had some good stories about his trips to upstate New York and nice pictures. He will be missed on 146.520 simplex and other freq's, he was heard up and down the Florida coast.
    RIP Bob 73 DE Phil KM4OP

5. WC2F

WC2F XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am still in shock in hearing about this news... I last saw Bob-k4nbc at the Okeechobee hamfest and talking about 10-meter repeaters and other things... God Bless his family and R.I.P K4NBC 73 de Miguel AD4Y

6. K2ISS

K2ISS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

An amazing person...dedicated to amateur radio. Always a pleasure to talk to, whether it was on 2m, 10m... a familiar voice on the KQ2H repeater, 29.620 MHz. Taken from us way too soon...HE WILL BE MISSED! :(

Rest in eternal peace my friend!

de K2ISS

7. K2AYE

K2AYE Ham Member QRZ Page

I listen to bob on 80 meters 3828 before i got my ticket . serbio w3seb, wb2k ed, dave wo2x ,k2yn j.d. those guy's inspired me to make the plunge in radio. i am still learning and making good contacts.i was fortunate to speak with bob on echo-link back in september of 2012.we had a great qso.it was a great honor to speak with him. he will be missed and i shall miss him too.73s r.j c.
    kc2zrf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.