ad: MyersEng-1

K4EB, LARRY, FOUNDING BASSIST MEMBER OF THE LYNARD SKYNARD BAND, AND LATER 38 SPECIAL.

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KI4FSZ, Oct 6, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KI4FSZ

KI4FSZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A TRUE GENTLEMAN ON THE HAM BANDS, WILL MISS YOU, R.I.P.

2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

AK5B and K0UO like this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

4. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Lynyrd Skynyrd

AK5B likes this.
  5. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Larry E. Junstrom, K4EB SK

Lawrence Edward Junstrom, 70, passed away on October 5, 2019 in Palatka, FL.

He was born in Pittsburgh, PA and enjoyed spending time with family especially his wife, Thania, Nascar, Jaguars and Gator Football, Fishing, Ham Radio Operator and loved all animals.
    He was a professional bass player for 38 Special and Lynyard Skynyrd.

L.J. is survived by his loving wife of 11 years, Thania Junstrom; step-son, Jason Brown; brothers: John and Bill Junstrom; and host of extended family and friends.

Funeral Services will be held 11 AM, Thursday (TODAY), October 10, 2019 at HARDAGE-GIDDENS RIVERMEAD FUNERAL HOME, 127 Blanding Blvd, Orange Park, FL with visitation held 1 hour prior to service at the funeral home.

Please post words of comfort at www.hardage-giddensrivermead.com.
    Please Sign the Guestbook @ Jacksonville.com
    Published in the Florida Times-Union from Oct. 8 to Oct. 10, 2019
    https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/t...?n=lawrence-junstrom&pid=194107479&fhid=11102

6. N4UFO

N4UFO Ham Member QRZ Page

I never spoke with the man, but I was privileged to purchase a beam antenna that he had owned (he upgraded) through a third party. I sure worked a lot of DX with it and got a kick out of the history of the antenna. Always loved the music of 38 Special, so definitely a neat part of my own ham history. RIP Larry... Rock on!

AK5B likes this.
  7. N9UTJ

N9UTJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I met Larry once at the crash site memorial just south of me along with some others including Gene Odom