ad: elecraft

K4BWC,, Bill Edwards

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KI4ODO, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KI4ODO

KI4ODO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was thinking about Bill today, so I decided to post here. K4BWC, Bill Edwards, of Omega Electronics. He sold and repaired amps and was one of the best at it from what I gather.

I really liked Bill. When I first got interested in ham radio, I saw his name and contact info on a website. So I called him with some questions. He was thrilled to help me. Gave me good advice on study material and equipment. Then He took time out of his schedual to drive up to my work, and bring me a repeater directory to help me get started. He would often call to see how things were going. Plus, he was my first HF contact (sloppy cw from me lol).

Bill was a VE and really just simply loved the hobby and in my opinion was a shining example of the best ham radio has to offer. I sure will miss Bill. He passed away on March 20th.

2. KC4UMO

KC4UMO Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for posting.
    I was not aware of his passing.
    Bill was a good guy and loved to help folks.

He will be missed.

3. KE4TSP

KE4TSP Ham Member QRZ Page

What most do not know is that Bill's wife had passed only a few weeks before him- I hope they are together again on the other side of the river.

Bill was a ham's ham, friend and mentor to many- always had a story to tell, and a smile on his face....they just don't make 'em like Bill anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.