K3LP

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K8CPT, Jan 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So sad... :(

2. NX1Q

NX1Q Ham Member QRZ Page

David was very nice to me on the air recently when I met him for the first time and he took a lot of time telling me things about what he was involved with and giving me tips and tricks for what I needed to know regarding Youth and such. Thank you very much bye bye k3lp

3. K8CPT

K8CPT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

David called me out of the blue one day and said he would like to meet me. He met me and a few other hams from the local club here in lansing. He was very informative and polite and seemed really interested in everything we all spoke about. We became friends and would talk often on facebook. He was always very busy but that never stopped him from spending time with people and making a friend of each of us. I ask him one day how he was able to do so much work and still have the time to spend with family and friends. David said " Life is short - I work hard and invest in friendships - I guess im hoping someone will show up when i die."

4. K8CPT

5. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Celebrating The Life of David Collingham
    A Time To Remember....
    MONDAY, JANUARY 15, 2018

THE STABLES @ GREEN MEADOWS PETTING FARM
    10102 FINGERBOARD ROAD
    URBANA, MD
    10:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.

This is an all day Celebration - very casual - nothing planned

COME AS YOU GO – CASUAL ATTIRE
    BYOB & POTLUCK

So many have asked Rebecca what they can do - here are a couple things we can do for her and her family:

- Bring a story or memory to share

- Please sign up to bring a dish whether it be an appetizer, main dish, side, dessert or drinks. Please Note - there will not be any way to heat up food so if you bring something that needs to be cooked or heated, please do so before. Also use disposable containers and utensils. Plenty of places to plug in crock pots.

- We will need help to setup prior to the arrival of family and friends, so please if you are willing to help please sign up.

THANK YOU.....IT TAKES A VILLAGE.....

Date: 01/15/2018 (Mon.) Time: 10:30am - 4:30pm EST Location: 10102 FINGERBOARD ROAD, Urbana, MD
    Created by:
    LG
    Lori Gardner

Already signed up? You can change your sign up.

K8CPT likes this.
  6. K8CPT

Thanks K2HAT :)

7. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

K2HAT likes this.
  8. 8P6NE

8P6NE Ham Member QRZ Page

So sorry to lose a great friend of Barbados ham fraternity. Goodspeed Dave...ur sig 5-9+60 in our hearts. 8P6NE

K2HAT likes this.
  9. RN3OG

RN3OG Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes very sad news... he was a great DXmen.
    R.I.P.

10. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I never met David, I only have one contact with him in my log which is K3LP/KP5. He was a giant in the world of DX and he will be missed by many both in and outside of radio.

K8CPT likes this.