K3ALG reluctantly a C+

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by K8MH, Nov 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. K8MH

K8MH Ham Member QRZ Page

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/yeasu-7250.674536/

Paid for radio 9-25-2019

Received radio after post office on his end sat on the pkg for 5 or 6 days (not K3ALG’s fault)

I went to use radio, but half the power cord was missing. Contacted him, he indicated that he would send it the next day. Waited a large number of days (weeks?) to inquire if he forgot (10/27), he indicated he did and would send it out the next day (Mon 10/28), it is now 11/3 and no power cord. I guess that I will just go buy a power cord and write this off as a leaning experience I understand forgetfulness, but I don’t think that I will do further dealings with K3ALG, I hope that I am the exception, not the rule when it comes to dealing with K3ALG. It appeared he was a respected seller when I looked into prior listings of his.

Regards

K8MH

2. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

You are not the exception. I had to return a radio that I bought from him as it was modified with wires hanging out of the back of it (not mentioned in his ad), was missing the programming cable that was advertised to be included, and packed poorly. He lives about 20 miles from me and refused to meet in person to do the sale.

John N3AB

KB2FCV and K8MH like this.
  3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

September ad still not marked SOLD. :confused:

K8MH likes this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

given this thread, the ad is now marked as "sold"

Dave
    W7UUU

K8MH likes this.
  5. K8MH

K8MH Ham Member QRZ Page

I should also add, after reading the original ad again, that the radio was not brand new, it had his info in it. And like N3AB also stated, this radio was not in any box, it was just in multiple USPS plastic bag/envelopes. It made it here okay, but certainly not what I would have chanced with shipping.

6. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

And don't return the radio until you actually see the money back into your Paypal account (provided you paid that way). I received an email from ALG saying I should send the radio back as his records showed I received a refund. I did not. And my Paypal account showed no refund was made. When I finally got the refund, I returned the radio, packed the way it should have been packed. I got my money back, but lost on the return shipping. BTW....Paypal did not request that I return the radio, but I did anyway.

K8MH likes this.