ad: AbAuRe-1

K2QBV any info ?

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by G4OBB, Dec 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. G4OBB

G4OBB Ham Member QRZ Page

I today heard on 20 metres that well known DX er Joel, K2QBV, has sadly passed.
    I am told he suffered a cardiac arrest, and also contracted Covid.
    I can't see any reference to the on the Zed, so I do hope this information is not scurrilous.
    It came from a reliable source, so I assume it is correct.
    I enjoyed many QSO's with Joel....he was a fine operator.
    God Bless him, and my heartfelt sympathy to his XYL and family....How Sad.....73 old chum.

Des...G4OBB

2. G1IZQ

G1IZQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here wot a top man he was lots of qso Joel was a good friend let hope he meets is old mate K1qs now rip k2qbv

3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Joel H. Kornreich, K2QBV SK

Joel Harvey Kornreich
    JUNE 19, 1940 – DECEMBER 25, 2020
    Joel Harvey Kornreich, age 80, of Pomona, New York passed away on Friday, December 25, 2020. Joel was born June 19, 1940 in New York, NY.
    Graveside service for Joel will be held Sunday, December 27, 2020 at 2:00 PM at Mt Zion Cemetery, Maspeth, New York.

Funeral arrangements held under the direction of Hellman Memorial Chapels - 15 State Street, Spring Valley, NY 10977 (845) 356-8600 Jewish Funeral Directors

Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.hellmanmemorial.com for the Kornreich family.
    https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/spring-valley-ny/joel-kornreich-9965539

4. SONOFQBV

SONOFQBV QRZ Member

Thanks Des.
    J

Thanks very much for the kind words Des. Joel was extremely diligent and respectful when it came to protecting himself and others from Covid. Unfortunately, the virus spreads like wildfire if you happen to be in a hospital.

5. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/k2qbv-joel-kornreich-silent-key.741148/

6. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

K2QBV respect fully vy73 djoaj ekrem