ad: wmr-1

K1N Navassa - countdown begins - madness coming soon to a band near you

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WB9LUR, Jan 26, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB9LUR

WB9LUR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I will have a good supply of rum handy (for medical purposes - allegedly) ... this is gonna be a real humdinger. After listening to the QSX/pileup side of the EP6T adventure - I take back everything that I've ever said about US hams being better behaved. I am gonna set up my video cam to record this visit to the zoo. Be warned - your bad behavior will be recorded for all to see on my YouTube channel.

That is all.

73, Randy / WB9LUR

2. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope you have a lot of data storage for the cam....and a LOT of free time.

3. BX2ABT

BX2ABT Ham Member QRZ Page

I think these DXpeditions are all hoaxes. I couldn't even hear EP6T and I doubt I will hear K1N. :rolleyes: But at least there is some activity on the bands, even though they wipe out 5 to 50 kHz of our precious real estate. Go figure! :confused:

4. W0JMP

W0JMP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It will be interesting!! I had dinner Monday with one of the guys who will be on the trip. I told him to make sure he has his zero filter on....

Danny, W0JMP

5. WB9LUR

Well, data storage is not an issue - but I will not be available 24/7 - although I will get about 6-8 hours in each day ... should make for some good video.

73, Randy / WB9LUR

6. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I have a lot of QSLs from those hoaxes. And the real estate will go back to being empty prairie when they're gone. To each, his own.

Bill

7. WB9LUR

Maybe you need to work on your RX antenna, receiver or operating skills... I've heard every DXpedition - sadly I have not worked all of them though.

73, Randy / WB9LUR

8. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Navassa I have from 1982, phone and CW both and on 3 bands. Iran...well..I'll have to keep working on that one! I only heard them the last 2 days long path on 20 CW. I tried to no avail.

9. AA9G

AA9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking at their page I see the team have a plan to identify and 'apply heat' to intentional QRMers. Cool beans.

10. N2SR

N2SR Ham Member QRZ Page

why do you need a video camera to record an audio signal?