ad: chuckmartin

K1MAN Responds

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Inadequate staffing.

First a proctologist must extract the head. Only then, could a psychiatrist examine it.

2. K9NYO

K9NYO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This guy certainly doesn't speak for ham radio. If he thinks he does, he should think again.

3. W5DK

W5DK Ham Member QRZ Page

[Fear not fellow Radio Amateurs.
    You have the constitutional right to be stupid! Only in America!
    ]

Mr. Baxter, You've made your point.

4. K3VR

K3VR Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a few questions regarding this latest editorial by K1MAN. First, does K1MAN really think that calling his fellow hams "ignorant hypocrites" and telling them that "they have the constitutional right to be stupid" is helping his cause, whatever his cause is?

Second, who are the "true scum" of amateur radio that he hopes to expose in "upcoming court proceedings?"

FCC agents have monitored and recorded Baxter's "apparent lack of control, pecuniary interest, broadcasting, wilful interference, and failure to file required information" and in the present NAL, they haven't relied at all on reports from hams. So why is Baxter abusing his peers like this? And if the "FCC is powerless" as Baxter claims, why does the Mighty OZ sound frightened?

Perhaps Baxter should contact Tim Smith and ask to be interviewed on WBCQ to get K1MAN's side of the story out. Short Wave Radio has always been the appropriate medium for Baxter's kind of broadcast. After all, along with some very good programming, there are lots of kooks, conspiracy theorists, and misfits on Short Wave. He could even shill his credit cards, electronics courses, and tell-all newsletter on Short Wave. That's Info-tainment!

On second thought, Baxter sends his SPAM out so often, I doubt there are many Hams who don't know his side of the story. Granted, after being inundated 24/7 with bad audio, idiotic opinion, and broken tape on several frequencies, over a period of months, there are probably very few hams remaining who really care about Baxter's side of the story.

I could be wrong though. Demagogues like Baxter have had lots of success in attracting followers in the past... particularly in Germany. I'd suggest Baxter contact CBS, but after what happened between K1MAN and Walter Cronkite... well, let's just say he may be persona non grata at CBS and leave it at that. Anyway, CBS has had its hands full getting rid of one disgraced embarassment to journalism. I'm sure they aren't in the market for another.

[​IMG]

5. KA3RFE

KA3RFE QRZ Member QRZ Page

What the h*ll is a "transmition"?

6. WA7KKP

WA7KKP Ham Member QRZ Page

K1MAN -- an oxymoron.

No man should blatantly violate the rules for his own gains.

Maybe he's just a moron, and should take his rants to 27.185 MHz where more of his ilk tend to hang out.

Gary WA7KKP

ZS1RJQ likes this.
  7. N0OV

N0OV Guest

Damn K1MAN is long winded.

8. K7EVM

K7EVM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The thing that gets me is this guy quotes the Communications Act and Constitution (articles) and doesnt realize that the FCC has recordings of him breaking those exact rules quoted and he IS being judged by your peers. The "court" that oversees Amateur Radio practice (FCC). Like one other comment mentioned, HAM radio is like a drivers license...A privlage... Be glad they hav'nt taken your station (yet) You've got a weak argument Baxter!

9. n0zu

n0zu Ham Member QRZ Page

they should let k1man on qrz after taking him off
    the qrz web site

it is like talking behind his back

if he can not get in here and defend his self

if you " OLD FARTS" Hams that it seems to not know the rules and regs.
    and need to retake your tests.
    maybe you would see you were just as falt

and need you ham ticket taken away

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    there are a lot of Old farts hams that need to reread the
    "FCC Rule Book"

Or maybe they need to retake there tests.

****EDITOR'S NOTE****

K1MAN has NOT been locked out or banned from QRZ.  He has every option of loggin in and posting as you do.

His Call Sign Look Up is still on QRZ with a link to the FCC.

Please check your facts before making a blanket statement.

QRZ

-------------------------------------------------------------

I believe the FCC should make all old hams retake there
    Ham radio tests
    To refresh there rules and regs.

10. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

In Baxter's case, it would be easier to have a glass navel installed.

[​IMG]

11. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, Fred
    That's fine, and you have your right to defend this man.
    So where does that give K1MAN the right to jump on the frequency that I'm on and obliterate a conversation that I was already having with a person?
    And that wasn't just once, But TWICE. The frequency was in use Before he came on. No asking if the frequency was in use, just came on and put an end to my conversation.

So why do I have to follow the rules and be courteous, and he doesn't??

12. K3VR

K3VR Ham Member QRZ Page

N0ZU,

You seem to have a way with words. Would you consider being AARA/IARN's Communications Director, if asked? In fairness, Glenn could probably use some help right now.

13. WD8T

WD8T Ham Member QRZ Page

What an embarassment to the hobby K1MAN is. MORON

14. W0NFU

W0NFU Ham Member QRZ Page

KB0UZR - I suggest you take another look at the post which you seem to see as Fred's defending K1MAN. The paragraph in question has "K1MAN Says" immediately in front of the source of your quote.

15. N5PVL

N5PVL Ham Member QRZ Page

A little perspective here, folks!

K1MAN only managed to crash an occasional QSO, on a single frequency.

The WL2K/ARESCOM scam proposes to allow PACTOR III robots all across the phone band, crashing QSO's at will.

Maybe that's the scum K1MAN is talking about, I dunno. The corrupt scum at ARRL HQ who have "embraced WL2K" while showing a ready willingness to urinate upon US ham population.

K1MAN may or may not be a significant problem - but there is absolutely no doubt about the WL2K/ARESCOM scam being much, much worse than anything W1MAN could ever manage to do.

Where's all the outrage against WL2K/ARESCOM - a much more significant source of QSO-crashing QRM?

Charles Brabham,  N5PVL

Director: USPacket
    Admin: HamBlog.Com
    Webmaster: HamPoll.Com
    Weblog: N5PVL's  Blog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.