ad: chuckmartin

K1MAN Fined $21K for Willful Interference

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KC0NPF

KC0NPF Guest

wouldn't the simple solution be to place his station somewhere in the stratosphere in a maner rapid enough that it also separates atomicly on it's way up? (kidding all, don't take that seriously)

but i am glad to finally see the FCC do something, it seems they have more interest in making money than in doing their job, that's why they took this case, if they can make $21k off of him, good, more coffee and doughnuts.

73 all de KC0NPF

2. W5JON

W5JON Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As I have said before, there are three things for sure, the FCC and/or the Justice Department have:
    1. More money then K1MAN.
    2. More lawyers then K1MAN.
    3. More time then K1MAN.

So in October, when K1MAN is still fighting the NAL, they will still have plenty of the above, and you can bet his license will not have been renewed.

What goes around, comes around.

John W5JON

3. W5MJL

W5MJL Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm really surprised at you Chip. Since everyone wants K1MAN to get his due, I thought for certain you would take his side for your amusement. I'm glad I was wrong.

4. K2TFT

K2TFT Guest

More than likely one of his nutcase pals will continue the BS....trash/confiscate his gear won't work...sign and ride like a new car will prevail for the "professional engineer" in moeskeeto ridden maine...har har(sp?) Rich

5. K2TFT

K2TFT Guest

Congrats my friend.....this dilbert has been around for years promoting his drunken/drug induced (I guess) trash

6. K2TFT

K2TFT Guest

bite the bone man and stick to your RFID crap....leave the $25 words(which you looked up) on hamsexy.com lid

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Sir,

Your solecisms do puzzle; it is challenging to understand their context and reason.

The anfractuosity of your sentence is beyond my ability to put the pieces together.

Which words do you feel are inappropriate for this audience? And why?

Kindly accept that some of us do use an expanded vocabulary to articulate ideas beyond the gutter. Not that my post invoked such concerns, mind you: some of us just like to go beyond the 'ur 59 wx gud 73' level.

If you knew me for five minutes, you would know that such comfort with words is the norm.

Please simmer down and join the dialogue. You are welcome to participate.

Chip N1IR

8. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG] IF THEY YANK ALL HIS EQUIPMENT,CAN I HAVE IT? JUST CHECKING.YOU NEVER KNOW UNTIL YOU ASK.

9. MM0NDX

MM0NDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Perhaps IT9RYH should take note! That clown has clogged up 14195 for god knows how long...

10. W7DME

W7DME Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Chip,

If you are not familiar with the Herb Shoenbaum (sorry about the mis-spelling) KV4FZ you should read up on his FCC history. The FCC refused to renew his license simply because they did not like his operating style. He had not actually violated any rules or regs, but was untruthful with them and they did not like his operating style.

So there is a precedence for non renewal because "we just don't like him" .

Mike K7OV

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Please Mike;

Some care should be taken to read what I said.

Also, you must not be familiar with the KV4FZ case, or else you would not have made such an uninformed comment.

The  KV4FZ decision was based upon the FCC's information, and not because some 'hams didn't like him'. That information included a  convicted felony for use of a phone 'black box'. I am very familiar with the case, which has extensive documentation on the internet. Here is an excerpt from the ARRL Letter in 2000:

------------------------

"The FCC in 1994 refused to renew Schoenbohm's ticket citing his 1992 felony fraud conviction and character issues. Subsequently, the FCC said that Schoenbohm had improperly solicited ex parte contacts with the FCC on his behalf."

------------------------------

Where did I in any way say that the FCC decision is equivalent to a bunch of hams writing in and saying that someone they don't like should lose their license?

My point: the FCC has more than sufficient info to make this K1MAN decision, and superfluous comments of 'dislike' will have no bearing in the decision, for the very reason that this is a subjective reason, and not one that bears on the public interest.

BTW, I knew Herbie when I was a young ham and he was an engineer at a TV station in St Croix.  I visited him in 1970, while I vacationed in KV4 with my folks. He was a gracious host. Quite the DX'er and contester then. I was disappointed with his illegal use of a black box and his path since. But, we can't always agree with the path of others.

I remember him fondly and am glad he has turned his life around. He worked hard to win back the privilege of a US ham license--and accomplished this because, in part,  some hams vouched for his character.  It may shock you that they vouched positively.

My point: the FCC is extremely fair and reasoned on license issues and they do not take them lightly and without deep care and thought.

Chip N1IR

12. N8RGQ

N8RGQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to know why the ARRL isn't held to the same standards as k1man is ! The ARRL has been doing broadcasts over top of hams for many years and some how there broadcastes are leagal and k1man's aren't? You can't have it both ways ! Either the ARRL is the biggest law breaker in the history of ham radio or k1man is being held to a unfair standard ! I have listened to k1man's brodcasts for a long time and the only reason he has been gone after is his anti-ARRL views !

13. G2CNN

G2CNN Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like the FCC is cleaning house at last!
    We have a few "Lid,s" over here in the UK who need the same treatment!! Looks like it,s Miller Time!
    73 de Simon, G2CNN ..:cool:

14. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

I just ABT fell off my chair when I read the fine was $21 K wow thats a pertty big fine !

also seen the petition web site as Astro used to say .. Watsa Wuck ! [​IMG]

Say is this going to be Video taped live ? like web cam dot com or some thing like that ? be kinda interesting or maybe even court tv would be cool !, maybe even a web cast on line ..

are we taking votes on this ?

[​IMG]

15. WA4ZXJ

WA4ZXJ Ham Member QRZ Page

After seeing M. Jackson walk free nothing is impossible . Look for K1MAN to skate free!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.