ad: CQMM-1

K0DEW

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W5NNX, Jun 17, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W5NNX

W5NNX Guest

It is with sadness I scanned across Bills call/name in the Silent Keys in this months QST. Bill was quite a guy. He was our Mars Director for some time in Missouri and an overall great guy to have ever met. RIP Bill, you will be missed amongst the ranks.....

2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Collins at K0DEW

K0DEW has been collecting and restoring Collins equipment for over twenty-five years, but this old broadcast transmitter turned out to be one of the most challenging and interesting. I had restored a KW-1 and several large military transmitters, so I was ready for this project.

My goal was to make each and every part like it looked and worked when it moved out the front door of the Collins factory in Dallas TX almost fifty years ago. I was informed on a Tuesday that the transmitter was going to the land fill on Saturday, so on a Wednesday I loaded my pick-up with a few hand tools and a friend, KC0VOB.

full story at http://collinsra.org/home/album/collins-at-k0dew/

3. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes he was a Collins guy too

4. W5NNX

W5NNX Guest

Yes he was. A great community person too in Lebanon....miss that area and the Mars meetings...alas..what a job change does to you...

5. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

THANK YOU CHRIS,

K0DEW COLLINS PIX.jpg

====================== ARRL FLAG.jpg
    ================================= COLLINS LOGO 1961-1972.jpg
    ========================== DXCC AWARD.jpg
    ==== SILENT KEY REST IN PEACE NEW[1] BLANK.jpg

RESPECTFULLY,

KA3YAN likes this.
  6. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page