ad: AbAuRe-1

Just Released - Contest University 2021 Schedule

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Apr 9, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K8KSU

K8KSU Ham Member QRZ Page

2021 CONTEST UNIVERSITY Live via Zoom Webinar (free) – Thursday May 20, 2021

* REGISTRATION OPENS April 21, 2021 go to: http://contestuniversity.com

Each speaker will talk for 45 minutes with 15 minutes after for Q&A.
    • 9:00 AM EDT (1300Z) Welcome to CTU by W8CI and K3LR
    • 9:05 AM EDT (1305Z) WW2DX speaker “Cloud Contesting – Live Demonstration” – moderators NN1C and W9KKN
    • 10:00 AM EDT (1400Z) W3LPL speaker “Preparing Your Station for Competition” – moderators NN1C and W9KKN
    • 11:00 AM EDT (1500Z) M0DXR speaker “Contest Categories “Make the Most of Your Entry” – moderators W2NAF and KM3T
    • Noon EDT (1600Z) – Last 12 months – Contest Operator Silent Keys by K1AR and CONTEST BREAK
    • 12:30 PM EDT (1630Z) DK6SP speaker “Youth – the Future of Contesters” – moderators W2NAF and KM3T
    • 1:30 PM EDT (1730Z) UA9BA speaker “Contesting From Russia” – moderators K5TR and N5KO
    • 2:30 PM EDT (1830Z) CT1BOH speaker “There is Nothing Magic About Propagation” – moderators K5TR and N5KO
    • 3:30 PM EDT (1930Z) NC0B speaker “Transceiver Performance for the HF DX and Contest Operator” – moderators K1AR and N3RA
    • 4:30 PM EDT (2030Z) Wrap up N9JA and K3LR
    • 4:35 PM EDT (2035Z) 2021 CQ Contest Hall of Fame Presentation – K1AR

*FOUR ICOM HF Radios will be given away during CTU at random times. You must be registered in Zoom and present during the random time drawing.

More information is here: https://www.contestuniversity.com/course-outline/

Special Thanks to Hamvention, Icom America and DX Engineering for donating the radios and to QTH.com for website hosting.

2021 Virtual Contest University will be recorded and available on YouTube after the event is over.

Tim K3LR

Contest University Chairman

CTU-Logo.JPG

K2UA, AL7A, W2CSI and 1 other person like this.
  2. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

KA2FIR, K4FMH and WD4ELG like this.
  3. W2CSI

W2CSI Ham Member QRZ Page

The list of speakers looks great! I look forward to hearing each of them.
    I would like to thank everyone who help put this together.

Best 73, Chuck, W2CSI

4. K1LKP

HI MARK,

Buy silver, great for making contacts..... LOL ........

CONTESTING HAVE FUN NEW one 2021.jpg

IF YOU HAD FUN.jpg

dx coffee for contesting.jpg

MARK, DO U RECALL THE GOOD OLE DAYS OF COLONIAL PRESS .

73 ES HAVE A FUN FILLED WEEKEND WID JEEVES

W4CP, N3AWS, KI4MYD and 1 other person like this.
  5. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't think so, Repeating a mantra over and over doesn't clear cobwebs. It's more like a cult. All contests do it make it near impossible to conduct nets or have a normal qso. For what? bragging rights?

Ham radio is based on communicating with minimal power but now we have so many that cannot get on the air without gobs of power so they can cram the band over the next guy. It's infantile at best.

6. K2UA

K2UA Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL--that is too funny. Thanks for the chuckle!

7. K1LKP

MARK,

REGARDING UR COMMENT.

It's more like a cult........

SHAMEFULLY, YOU ARE CORRECT.

YOU
    HITTING THE-nail_on_the_head NEW.jpg

I WILL LEAVE IT AT THAT AND NOT GO DOWN THAT STREET.

73 - K1LKP

N3AWS likes this.
  8. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Several contests on this weekend; had no problem making contacts that weren't contest based.

W4LJ, K2UA, W4CP and 1 other person like this.
  9. N1IPU

Me Too. I was on JS8.

W4CP likes this.
  10. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Was there near the beginning, yep, JS8 rocks.... but I still miss FSQ(where JS8 was derived from adding the FT8 modem).

11. M0TTQ

M0TTQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I enjoy a contest bu this weekend on SSB we have at the same time on Saturday a Chinese contest, a Serbian contest, a Texas parks contest, an Israeli contest, and Michigan and Ontario QSO parties. There is a 4-hour Estonian contest in there which doesn't overlap with all the others (and is sensibly-timed). I am quite happy to work other modes or WARC but I feel sorry for anyone trying to work 20m SSB Saturday, it is going to be a fiasco.

12. N1IPU

Contesting is sponsored band pollution sanctioned by the ARRL. Idiots even said 146.52 was a contesting freq. I really have no issue with contesting if it was controlled to respect other hams who have no interest in it but that's not the case.
    Band restrictions and coordination would go a long way. No points if your outside those spaces. Instead we have a free for all that's devolved into chaos and for what? Now as it stands contesting is near 24/7 on the bands.

It makes no sense except for manufactures so they can sell the latest to the big guns and their disciples.

KK9W likes this.
  13. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Long live CONTESTING!

W4LJ and K7STU like this.
  14. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

They’re not even active so how would they know. 2 spots from 2006.

15. IT9BWN

IT9BWN Ham Member QRZ Page

[QUOTE = "N1IPU, post: 5826652, membro: 100111"] delle [/ QUOTE]