ad: Prosistel-1

Just Got Scammed by someone posing as K4RIQ

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KF7EUP, Oct 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KF7EUP

KF7EUP Ham Member QRZ Page

yes against my better judgement i used the friends and family option. but i used my VISA to fund that transaction so i have to head the war from my VISA Providers Point of view

I agree that i should not have used friends and family i was trying to make sure that the person at the other end didn't incur the fees associated with the Goods and Services option. I know better next time not to ever use that unless i am fully certain of whom i am entering a transaction with.

This would be a great example to those who use friends and family in the future .. don't.. its not worth it.. also i would make certain that if you are going to do business with someone via email you verify as much of the identity of the user as possible. shortly after i completed this transaction i saw the Get Verified option on qrz .. I think everyone that wants to sell or even buy from qrz should verify themselves so that we have one more level of assurance we are talking to who we think we are.

Thanks

2. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

That is still not right. It is against Paypal policy to use F/F in any transaction. It is only for sending money. So even if you buy something from your mother and use F/F you are doing an illegal action and defrauding Paypal.

Just wanted to pass that info on. It is all in the Paypal rules.

John, WB0MPB

3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

* sigh *

So few read before sending money. So many post afterwards about being taken. :(

4. WB7OXP

WB7OXP Ham Member Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

rough crowd

may the sun ALWAYS SHINE ON YOU as it obviously ALWAYS has

others, not as blessed, occasionally see darkness and rain

i am happy for the blessed as well as the normal

KF7EUP likes this.
  5. K9GAS

K9GAS Ham Member QRZ Page

Friends and Family is fine, but I only use it with friends I really know and trust, or family.
    Anyone asking to use it without solid background is a risky situation.
    PayPal did at one time back the F&F use, but they changed policy on this and only offer protection fee transactions.
    I only had to use them once for help and they came through. It took about four weeks to see my PayPal account with the money refunded.
    It use to be, that if you were verified by PayPal, used a dedicated checking account, you could pay without a fee and be protected by PayPal.

KF7EUP likes this.