Just got back into the swing after a 16 year vacation and need help

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N4RME, Jun 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. N4RME

N4RME Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently purchased a Yaesu FT-7900r, and am having problems maneuvering through the programming and think I might need to get the program for the computer to do the work for me. Problem I am having at the moment is I only have a Macbook Pro and Imac desk computer. I read that the programs are for Windows 10. Has there been any updates for using the Macbook Pro? I am getting desperate to get my radio programmed the right way.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Frank. N4RME

2. AI6AK

AI6AK Ham Member QRZ Page

3. N4RME

Thank you.

4. N4RME

Can't seem to get the Chirp downloaded on my Macbook Pro. Tried everything. Window opens and asks if I want to open and I click on it and then the little icon that is bouncing on the dock disappears.

5. AI6AK

AI6AK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmmm. I just downloaded it and it worked fine. Did you also download Python? And, make sure it's not being blocked by your computer settings.

6. N4RME

No, I did not use Python. I tried a couple different ways that was suggested to me and none of them worked so i took that as a sign to quit and I purchased a laptop with Window program and all should be good now. I will dedicate the new PC just for my radio gear, and will not go on the web with it at all.

7. K5EDI

K5EDI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

8. K5BBC

K5BBC Ham Member QRZ Page

I've used the Parallels VM for Mac for several years now. It runs all of my programming software without issue, and can run simultaniously with Mac OS.

9. N4RME

I have no idea what I am doing wrong then. I am running my macbook pro OSX El Capitan version 10.11.6

10. N4RME

Did you have to purchase the Parallels VM?