ad: Schulman-1

Just for laughs...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI7HSB, May 20, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Perplexing, but there are (supposedly) "Newbies" who ask a question, and never return to comment, or worse, can't accept an honest and true answer, but keep looking for the answer they want. They don't deserve realistic "attention," but ARE told to "Giggle, [sic]" (or worse.):rolleyes:
    Just as frustrating are those that ask a question, and insist only on an e-mail response. How does that help ANYONE else? At least if an answer is posted here, it may be challenged, or an even better answer may be offered, and can benefit others.

2. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

all true. They do all of those things, quite deliberately manipulating the results without much regard for the "best answer" to any query. As these big tech firms get more and more powerful, the data we get from them is skewed toward what they want us to read rather than what we asked about.

KI7HSB likes this.
  3. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

After considering that number and this number 867 5309, I'll take Beechwood 45789 please.
    And no, I didn't google 'em.
    Mike N3PM

K3XR likes this.
  4. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Beechwood 4-5789

The Marvelettes did really well with the song in 1962 and The Carpenters did it again in 1982.

6. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

54-46 was my number.
    Right now, someone else has that number.

7. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

8. VK6ZGO

VK6ZGO Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't say anything.
    I'm the guy who arrived late, in a breathless hurry, for a dinner at a revolving restaurant on top of a building.
    This restaurant was called "Hilite 33" .
    So I asked the guy at the information desk on the ground floor "Which floor is "Hilite 33" on?
    Doh!:oops:

K2CAJ likes this.
  9. K2CAJ

K2CAJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Once I worked at a garden shop to pay for college. My coworker took a phone call from a customer who wanted to know if we had any blue spruce trees.

I heard him say, "I think we might have blue spruce, what makes them different from regular spruce? ... Oh, okay, I'm an idiot."

10. VK6ZGO

VK6ZGO Ham Member QRZ Page

And there are so many like that!