ad: w5yi

Just downloaded iOS v14...

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by WF7A, Sep 17, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

...and it has a handy app named Magnifier--it turns your iPad/iPhone into a huge magnifying glass with variable magnification and other functions. Pretty slick for when you're doing fine soldering work or need a large interface while looking at something small.

Just an FYI: Apple surprised everyone by dropping the update before many developers could finish updating their apps for the release, so don't be surprised if you don't see updates for them, yet.

2. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Just an addendum: The Wifoid updated her 2017 iPad (10.5") to v14, but it didn't include the Magnifier app so don't know if it downloads for 2018 and later devices, only. (I have a 2018 iPad Pro.)

3. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The magnifier function has been a part of iOS for some time and was configured under the accessibility features. I have used it for years to read labels on small bottles and the like. Even in my mid-50s, my eyes are not as good as they once were.