JUMA PA1000 Amplifier

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by 9K2AI, Jun 24, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. 9K2AI

9K2AI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello every one,
    Did any one tried the
    JUMA PA1000 ?

I'm thinking to buy one but I never know someone who try it !
    So I hope if someone tried it to tell us about his experience !

73's to all,

Ahmad
    9K2AI (5T2AI)

2. N5DMC

N5DMC Ham Member QRZ Page

Rafik,

How much does it cost? - Doug

3. 9K2AI

9K2AI Ham Member QRZ Page

Around 2300 Euro !

4. W1CQ

W1CQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. AC0TX

AC0TX Subscriber QRZ Page

Be very certain of obtaining a service manual or at least schematics
    There seems to be discontent regarding Tokyo Hi power
    You have been warned

6. W1CQ

W1CQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's a fair point - the buyer must have clear expectation for useful life of the product/amplifier, including warranty, service, aftermarket, etc.

JUMA PA1000 is a perfect travel / DXpedition amp that enables a 1 KW portable "carry on" HF station.

I'm using it with a KX3 driving at 10W or less and SteppIR CrankIR antenna - a great portable travel setup.

See QRZ page for photos and this brief youtube video.

7. KU3X

KU3X Ham Member QRZ Page

This looks like an interesting amp. Being able to get a KW out with the KX3 or 2 as well as a KW out with my TS480 is pretty neat. BUT, I question the duty cycle with a KW SS amp that is only 12 pounds which includes the power supply. I don't think this is a contest ready amp. I know switching power supplies are light, but you still have to dissipate 1000 watts of heat and that means you need a good size heat sink with fans. My Elecraft KPA500 is very heavy (26 lbs) and that's only a 500 watt amp.

Barry, KU3X

8. VK3FFB

VK3FFB Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a Juma PA1000 in operation for the past couple of days. It performs well and trouble-free. Full power up to SWR = 2.0. Certainly needs no tuner (Juma recommends not to use one). Fan noise is noticeable but only for short periods during and a little after TX-ing.
    Good value for $s and the small size and light weight (5.5kg) is impressive. Power efficiency is reported by Juma as 82%. Juma informed me that the PA1000 has been used successfully in DX-peditions.
    Dee, VK3FFB