ad: M2Ant-1

JT9

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by WH2HAO, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Terry

No it has been installed. It boots up, the program comes up then instantly closes. I get the following Error box

Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's
    support team for more information.

I have no problems with JT65 software, HRD, the logbook, DM780 or other software.

So I am a loss as to why the WSJT9 software will not run.:confused:

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Are you trying to install WSJT9, or WSJT-X? They are different programs. JT-9 is only available in WSJT-X, which can be downloaded from here:http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.html

WSJT-X is built using Qt and will be the standard for all of K1JT's future programs. WSJT-X will eventually include all of the modes in WJST9, but right now it is JT-9 only. There is also a Qt version of WSPR available (WSPR-X).

Hope this helps,

Dave
    K3DCW

3. K8TJM

K8TJM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there any other message or numbers that go along with the message?

Try Revo Uninstaller to remove the program. Revo not only uninstalls but will also search for orphaned files and can remove them. It's the best uninstall program out there and has a free 30 day (?) trial. Before you start anything create a restore point. I have no business interest with this program.

Restart the computer in safe mode and try re-installing.

You may also try to contact the author at k1jtATarrl.net

Terry

4. VE3PP

Hi Terry

There is another box that comes up with the following
    WSJT9.exe Application Error
    The exception unknown software exception (0x40000015) occurred in the application at location 0x1e0e1379. Click OK to terminate the program.

I installed Revo, used it to uninstall WSJT. Reinstalled, and get the same messages.

When I have time I will change computers and see if the other one will handle it. Thanks for the tips.
    Rick

5. K8TJM

K8TJM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Rick:

I found this thread in the Yahoo WSJT Group -

Perhaps you can open the ini file and set Audio to 0 to see. The other suggestion is to join this group and post a help thread.

Good luck.

Terry

6. VE3PP

Thanks Dave

I had WSJT9, I will try the other software and see what happens.
    Rick

7. VE3PP

Got it, now I am cooking with peanut oil, as Phil Robertson would say. ;) At least it installed and opens, now I just need to figure it all out. Thanks Dave

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  8. VE3PP

OK I have made my first contact with JT9. Now I need to figure out how to log it in the HRD log book as there is no JT9 mode listed.

9. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I found it!

It under "ZZZZZZ.":eek:

10. VE3PP

Steve, don't give up your day job. :D
    How's life treating you? We are a month away from becoming Grandparents for the first time so lots of excitement here. Then about 6 weeks after that we will have another grandchild. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.