ad: vanity

JT9 - WOW! Very sensitive indeed!

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by W7UUU, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N2ADV

N2ADV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What kind of sound card are you running? I'll bet if you put that same signal on a panadapter, you'll only see the one...

2. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

RR. And if you don't already use it, get JT-Alert. Let's you know where they're from, what you're missing, if you're worked them B4, what bands are busy, instant chat and many other benefits.

http://hamapps.com

busyjt20m.PNG

3. AA9G

AA9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Jim, onboard mobo Realtek ALC892

Frank, I do use that, once someone sent me a text through it, freaked me straight out. Never have figured out how thats done.

4. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, the first chat box I saw (and it says HELLO) surprised me too!

Right-click on the callsign you want to message, then left-click "Send Text Message to Callsign".

But keep in mind, not everyone is using JT-Alert, so your message might end up in the ether.

5. N2ADV

I think that was me lol

And the onboard sound card works but you will experience more artifacts such as what you describe.

6. AA9G

AA9G Ham Member QRZ Page

I will have to check logs. I could buy a PCI sound card. Trying to figure how that would work out since I'm using an ANAN. Do you think a separate card would do better?

I just remembered I have this critter sitting unopened in a closet. Bought it when I thought I was getting a K3 and LP-PAN. Could I use it?

201131593126309_prod_0404usb2.png
    http://www.creative.com/emu/products/product.aspx?pid=15185

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  7. N2ADV

Plug it in and try it out :)

I use a higher end USB sound card (Creativ Labs something or other... )

8. N2ADV

17 was just fading here, thanks for the contact, Dave! The beam was aimed right at you for that -23 you gave me.

9. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

And thanks for the -24 on this end! Rotatable dipole is all here....

Great mode, this!

Dave
    W7UUU

10. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool - K1JT is on your RX screen capture - and worked B4! :eek:

I use JTAlert as well - there's no way to easily see who you've worked, and who you need without it.

ON6SAT must be on every day - I seem to run in to him every time I get on JT65.

Steve
    KV6O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.