ad: HamInsurance-1

JT65a anyone???

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KD4MOJ, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. W0SGM

W0SGM Ham Member QRZ Page

thats an easy one....... JT65-HF (google is your friend )

2. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Step one is to synchronize your PC to real time. JT65HF transmit / receive is timed, so if your software is out of sync it doesn't receive the whole transmission, so it can't decode or display it. When the software starts to receive, you will see a red line go across the waterfall -- if a majority of the stations start transmitting before the line is displayed, your PC time is off a bit.

Also, apparently the sound settings for JT65HF differ from those in DM780, so you may have to tweak things a bit. The software says to adjust the receive audio level to 0 (dB ??) when there are no signals present. Having the level too high apparently affects the decoding process.

3. K0PVW

K0PVW Ham Member QRZ Page

OK I found and downloaded JT65-HF V1.0.7 Still not quite sure what I am doing. My clocks are all synced up, Running 20W on 14.076.00. I hear the signals, I see them in the waterfall but I am not getting any text on them.

4. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Make sure the multi-decode (I think that is what is says) is ticked, and you might try backing off on the receive level a tad -- I have noticed this has some affect.

5. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Rob have your read the JT65 primer available where you download the software? that is a good start... well writtten... might answer some of your questions. Click on the big picture here to download the setup PDF.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

6. W0SGM

W0SGM Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll look for you,

7. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

I love all digital modes, but JT65 is my flavor of the month. It's a mode that allows you to chase DX without wasting time in conversation. When one can get 8000+ mile QSOs with 1 watt, 25+ dB under the noise, even a non-QRP person as myself can't help but crack a grin. This mode easily stretched my reach twice as far as I was getting with PSK, and half as difficult to copy.

If you haven't tried it, at least fire up the JT-65HF software and tune in for a few hours on your favorite band. Be sure use the PSKReporter (or other flavor) and look over what you could have had in your log.

Here's a typical 24-hour period from my QTH. Even in low conditions, you can still work the world.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.