JT65a anyone???

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KD4MOJ, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got this set up at the house last night, and I was wondering if the same suggestions apply as PSK31 -- i.e. adjusting the TX audio so you are not driving the TX at 100% power, keeping the ALC as low as possible.

2. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been working a bunch of VK stations on 40m this week about 0900z. Seems france comes in first, then the VK's. Play radio when you can't sleep...

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

3. N5TGL

N5TGL Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, pretty much the same as PSK31. There should be no deflection of ALC whatsoever.

I got mine set up (sorta) a few days back. Ended up tweaking WSPR last night, maybe JT65 this evening. :) Obviously, it's not a very interactive mode, but still pretty darn amazing what you can do with just a few watts. Not one I work all the time, but definitely one to run when doing email, etc.

4. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Got 'er working the other night. For some reason their software drives the audio a lot harder than PSK31 -- had to crank down the PC audio quite a bit from its normal PSK31 setting to get it right. With the ALC occasionally flashing one bar on my '817, it looks like I'm making 2.5-3.0 watts. No "real" DX stations so far, just US, Mexico and Canada stations on 40m in the evenings. Hard to get used to the timing part -- you have to be fast on the reply or wait another cycle.

5. KD4MOJ

Anyone have the logbook in JT65-HF syncing with HRD's logbook? Supposed to be a way to do that but I haven't figured it out yet.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

6. WD0DXD

WD0DXD Ham Member QRZ Page

If you have the latest version of HRD, you can do a ADIF import and it won't duplicate the any entries. So I just leave the JT65-HF log and re-import it each time.

7. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

I downloaded it after reading the recent QST article about it. Pretty neat mode and glad I know where the musical signals come from!

8. KD4MOJ

I'm trying to get away from doing any manual work... I read something recently about the "auto import" but forgot to bookmark it. By the time you sign the stuff with for LoTW, import the logs, upload the logs etc gets to be a pain. in HRD you can sign & upload to Lotw and eqsl... one stop shoppin'.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

9. WD0DXD

WD0DXD Ham Member QRZ Page

As far as I know, the current versions don't write directly to the HRD log book. The author of JT85-HF has said that it should be in the next version. In the meantime, once you import it into HRD, you can use HRD to upload it to LOTW, eqsl and HRDlog. In fact HRDLog does it in the background. So far I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to automatically upload to eQsl. LOTW upload has to be initiated either way.

10. KD4MOJ

Thanks for the info Allen. Obviously someone was blowing smoke up my skirt then. Oh well... back to the import to HRD. At least I won't have to do the manual uploads to lotw & eqsl.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.