JT65 software which DOESN'T lie?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by VE3GZB, Jan 4, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. N9DSJ

N9DSJ Ham Member QRZ Page

False decodes can occur, but rarely; often due to time errors, noise and/or audio input distortion ...Check program setting for decode depth; might help...if using a wsjt version that supports it, certainly turn "deep search" off for HF.

Bill N9DSJ

2. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

JT65 is only that brief exchange of information?

I heard the EVY repeater discussion for using JT65 on 2-meter.

I thought they wanted it for operating their net.

Is Olivia for QSO's?

3. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

yes, only the minimum info to complete a QSO

yes, Olivia is great for chatty QSOs! Olivia is ultra reliable so excellent for technical communication.

4. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nothing wrong with working South Africa (8100+ miles) with 4 watts on 30 meters with JT65. And that is not with a big gun antenna setup. Just a simple inverted V with the apex at 28 feet. Would not be anyone over there that would copy that signal on SSB :)

Dumb Mode :D

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Especially on 30-meters :D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

VE3PP likes this.
  6. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Been using JT65 and my FTdx3000, USB port and all. Been using it for at least 5 years.

Yes it was frustrating in the beginning to setup the software but after reading the instructions, no problems anymore. Essentially flawless.

Worked VK from Northern New Jersey on 160 Meters with 20 watts into an 80 meter dipole with tuner.

Almost fell out of my chair using such a compromised station for 160 meters but I kept my wits and captured a screen shot of the contact. You can just barely see his signal.

QSL card received and confirmed.

VK3WHO on jt65 160 meters.jpg

K2WH

7. VE6QO

VE6QO Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been wondering why so many people are still using JT65 and not changing to JT9. I wonder no more after seeing your screen capture, K2WH. I guess a lot of people still haven't updated to the newer version WSJT-X.

I had completely forgotten how the JT65 software used to look.

And I mean no insult to anyone for not updating.

K2NCC and W7UUU like this.
  8. K6GB

K6GB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Occasionally, I will also get a rare decode, but find it's just fleeting, good propagation. I did work Mauritius from my QTH here in California on 40 with 7 watts into a 6BTV Hustler vertical.

9. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, first time I worked ZS with 10w and a vertical I was amazed. Then I worked VK with 5w and was ecstatic. :cool:

Just downloaded latest version JT65-HF HB9HQX and so far, so good.