JT65 software which DOESN'T lie?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by VE3GZB, Jan 4, 2016.

ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. N9DSJ

N9DSJ Ham Member QRZ Page

As an aside; this is my last post in this thread as the thread title in uniformly bogus and I prefer not to perpetuate it further.

Bill N9DSJ

N8MSA and K3DCW like this.
  2. VE3GZB

VE3GZB Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried all of this in WSJT-X. My rig, FTdx3000, isn't listed.

So there is no means for the program to control the radio, to send typed-in data and toggle the radio from Rx to TX and back.

FTdx5000 and 9000 are listed in the dropdown menu as are a host of many other radios. But not the FTdx3000. In trying to see if protocols for the 5000 or 9000 might communicate to the 3000, I encountered nothing but communication errors.

I stated these things in another post, but I guess people aren't interested in that.

I didn't "pitch a fit" over the password, but it did catch me by surprise.

And until now nobody answered my question about it being a subscription service because the software would not let me proceed until I had a valid login and password.

3. VE3GZB

The title is precise and accurate. Anyone NEW to digital modes, upon downloading and installing these software packages will encounter the exact same issues as I have.

4. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

As the parent of a teenage daughter, I can tell you that writing any sentence that ends in more than one exclamation or question mark, such as "But before I can complete the installation it wants a login and password???!!!???", is the online equivalent of pitching a fit.

Obviously, you didn't try all of this as you likely have not followed my steps, installed Commander, and set WSJT-X to control via Commander. If you had, you'd be on the air right now.

Reading is Fundamental! I DID read your posts and I specifically responded and gave you both an answer to why the FTdx3000 isn't listed as well as a solution.

Again, for the reading impaired, the FTdx3000 is NOT listed in WSJT-X because it is not supported in HAMLIB which is the control system used by WSJT-X. Get over it. It doesn't matter. By installing DXLabs Commander (which DOES support the FTdx3000), and setting WSJT-X to use Commander, you'll have full CAT control.

I guess you didn't read my whole post, or else you don't really want to find an answer. I gave you, step by step numbered 1 through 5, the solution to get you on-the-air with WSJT-X. Tens of thousands of other hams have successfully set these programs up by simply following the directions and following the guidance given when they've asked for help. As I said, I gave it to you step by step, and I can't make it any simpler. If you choose not to follow my guidance and instead spend your time complaining, then there is no one to blame but yourself. I know I'm not going to waste my time on someone who won't read the answers he's been given.

KD4MOJ, KJ3N and N8MSA like this.
  5. N8MSA

N8MSA Ham Member QRZ Page

This is why I decided to opt out of this; the OP seems determined to not read the copious amounts of existing documentation and has ignored almost all of the assistance offered.

KV6O, N2ADV, K3DCW and 1 other person like this.
  6. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Only if they have an unsupported radio.

It took all of 30 minutes to get JT65-HF up and running with my K3. WSJT-X took even less.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.... :rolleyes:

K3DCW likes this.
  7. K2QB

K2QB Ham Members QRZ Page

WOW!! So whenever you install a program that doesn't work right off the bat you blame the software, the author and anyone who is trying to help you???? Have you even attempted to read the instructions? If you did and if you even half heartlerdly listen to the folks here trying to help you, you might be able to get the program working. Do you belong to any clubs that may have a member or two who are using the progranm and might be willing to offer their help?
    Who cares how you think the program should work. If you don't like it I suggest you write a new program, and offer it free of charge to the Amateur community as the author of this one does. I am not a computer guru by any means but I was able to get it working just fine on my Yaesu radio so apparently they have heard of Yaesu. I aslo run Fldigi and MTTY with no issues.
    So maybe the best thing for you to do is abandon it as you suggest.

K3DCW likes this.
  8. K5RCD

K5RCD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

KC9YTJ, K3DCW and KD4MOJ like this.
  9. VE3GZB

I did try all of what you suggested. The software still doesn't connect to my radio. Since FLDIGI does connect, it is obviously this WSJT-X software which is defective.

10. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Does Commander work by itself? If not, there is something else going on here that doesn't involve the WSJT-X code.