JT65 Mode tab

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by W3ATV, Nov 20, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W3ATV

W3ATV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Unless it is a setting that I am missing, could a JT65 mode button be added? There are many modes available in the pull down menu, but only the most common have actual selection buttons on the web based logging software. It even has DSTAR button. I would think JT65 is about as popular as DSTAR, if not far behind.

Thanks for your consideration,
    Jim
    QRZlog.jpg

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll second the motion. :)

W3ATV likes this.
  3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

JT-65 mode is provided for. Click on the pull down arrow at the end of the mode entry box and scroll down to JT-65, then select it.

Attached Files:

4. W3ATV

Thanks- I probably was not clear on what I meant- I realize it is there- I called it a pull down menu above- What I was hoping for was an actual button so I don't have to go to the pull down menu. I am lazy!!! LoL! :) I switch modes often, sometimes two or three times in just a few minutes and it is so much easier to just click a button rather than pull down a menu, scroll, down, find it, etc.

I'll keep doing it that way.

Thanks!
    Jim

5. KJ4VTH

Perhaps the term is button vs tab.

Request still holds merit.

W3ATV likes this.
  6. W3ATV

Yes- there is a button or tab for SSB CW AM FM RTTY PSK31 and DSTAR. Everything else is in the pull down arrow/menu. In 2016 it seems that JT65 is probably used just as much if not more than AM and RTTY thus deserving of a button. :)

7. KJ4VTH

Right - SSB, CW, JT-65, with all others via pull-down.

8. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If you are making a series of JT-65 mode QSOs, mode JT-65 will be prefilled at the next entry; only need to select it once in a series of entries. If you often switch modes, you will need to select it from the menu when first returning to it. Too many choices to have button for each, hence limited selection.

9. KJ4VTH

Right - SSB, CW, JT-65, with all others via pull-down. :D

W3ATV likes this.
  10. W3ATV

Great minds think alike! :D:):rolleyes: