JS8Call

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by W5EDF, Jun 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W5EDF

W5EDF Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone using this? Tuned into the suggested freq but all is quiet on the bands there. Wanted to check it out.

2. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Isn't it interesting that people wanted so much to ragchew using something with the same sensitivity of standard FT8, they got it, and nothing much happened?

Propagation is not much of an excuse in this case, is it?

Back to FT8, I guess.;)

KP4SX likes this.
  3. W5EDF

W5EDF Ham Member QRZ Page

I might throw out some CQ's on 40m later.

4. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have tried JS8 several times, including in the middle of the JS8 QSO Party. The heartbeat function tells me I am hearing okay and that others are hearing me, so my system is working, but no contacts, not even one. CW=60,000+ FT8=5000+ JS8=0

5. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

I heard about 30 stations on 7078 USB last night.

6. KZ4KX

KZ4KX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I tried it when it started but had to go back weekly to get another link so it would work and got frustrated with that and never went back. Now when searching for rtty it's all quiet in the area. Except sometimes 14.080 has ft-4.

K9ASE likes this.
  7. N5SON

N5SON Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have it all setup and working, but I never hear or see anything on it. The test continues.

8. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a very weak signal mode.:D:D:D:D:D

N5SON likes this.
  9. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

Here are the 40m JS8 signals over the past 60 minutes reported by www.pskreporter.info. Wonder what is wrong with your setup?

JS81hr.png

N5SON likes this.
  10. N0YPD

N0YPD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I played with it several times,and I agree with the others. It's pretty dead compared to ft8.