ad: MyersEng-1

JS8Call not showing received messages

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KF4NCN, Apr 7, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KF4NCN

KF4NCN Ham Member QRZ Page

I just started with JS8Call and am running into some issues. I have the radio set to the correct frequency and the volume is registering but not over modulating. It seems to transmit OK, but cant confirm. I see the incoming signals on the waterfall graph but no messages are showing up, even when selected on the waterfall. Any help would be appreciated.

2. KF4NCN

KF4NCN Ham Member QRZ Page

Disregard. It was an issue with the clock not being synced

3. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I use the dimensions 4 program.it has two functions the free version and the paid version. the $60.00 a year paid is well worth the money.When you install the program,this window comes and you add the required additions and then a another windows comes up and asked you for permission and of course you ok it and then it will be installed. please note on the day and the hour you install this program,every month on that day, that window will come up every month asking permission to operate on your computer.Then it should say something about a unknown publisher, but you hit ok anyway. Then another window bigger in size,will a list of many places around the world that are computer clock time syn services. I use the national bue of standards in boulder, co. and then on the box on right of the page where is says " SYN NOW " click on that and then on a box below that box is says ....my mine went blank...well this box below, click on that and a another window comes up and asks permission and click on that and you should be all set. When you buy the program there will like a receipt that is printable. any more questions on this,I'd be happy to help you. 802-272-7982 after noon's and before 11 pm.stay safe de KA1BSZ sk

4. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

OMG!I forgot to tell you...when you are using JS8CALL,FT8 and FT4 you should be connected to the internet so that the computer clock is in syn with that service you subscribed to. NOW WORD OF CAUTION: do NOT have the computer connected when using the other programs such as HAM RADIO DELUXE, the older free program, same with FIDIGI,MUITPSK,MIXW,DIPAN. IF you forget to disconnect from the internet with these programs running,you'll be in a world of trouble. I'll tell you why. when your connected to the internet, and when your using an older program ( the free edition ) the computer will " think there is a problem " and will connect to the more recent program and download that one and delete your old one automatically and you don't want that DO YOU?!. The older programs work just as well as the newer one and their cheaper. the older programs of HRD can be found under "SOURCE.COM " and under LISTS. there is another place..there is a guy a KM4 and i forget his call,but he has a bunch of older FREE older programs, free for downloading. Not sure about MUITPSK,FIDIGI and MIXW if they have any up to date free programs. the only ham radio programs that are charged for money is HRD. GEEEES I hope this information helps you and if anyone else is having trouble, please pass this information on and thank you. stay safe my friend 73 de ka1bsz sk