ad: CQMM-1

JS8CALL (FT8CALL on Steroids) 20wpm - 24 db / Jordan KN4CRD does it again!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NN2X, Oct 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AA5CT

AA5CT Ham Member QRZ Page

re: "FT8 JS8 whatever ... computers talking to computers."

Uh - uh. With JS8 it is *people* using computers to talk to people.

Had several QSOs last night on 160 as a matter of fact using JS8 under very noisy (QRN) band conditions.

G3SEA likes this.
  2. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great work Jordan, may usurp my current favorite, FSQ, many similarities. Hopefully it won't be over run by mindless hordes like ft8 has become.

3. WB9IIV/SK2024

WB9IIV/SK2024 XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Tom
    I worked you this evening and logged at QRZ.com
    WSJT-X ADIF Export<eoh>
    <call:4>NN2X <gridsquare:4>EM13 <mode:3>JS8 <rst_sent:3>+06 <rst_rcvd:3>+02 <qso_date:8>20181010 <time_on:6>223306 <qso_date_off:8>20181010 <time_off:6>225906 <band:3>20m <freq:9>14.079600 <station_callsign:6>WB9IIV <my_gridsquare:6>EM69ST <tx_pwr:2>10 <comment:10> TU 73 <name:3>TIM <eor>
    Thx for QSO 73 wb9iiv Harry

4. K5TRI

K5TRI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Cool. The reason I mentioned Github specifically was that through issues you'd have a somewhat direct user interaction. Not comparable of course to a group/ mailinglist (remember those? :) ).

5. K5TRI

Which means they all run unpatched machines with no more security updates on the open Internet providing breeding grounds for botnets.

6. AA5CT

re: "Which means they all run unpatched machines with no more security updates on the open Internet providing breeding grounds for botnets."
    You get those from surfing pron sites, right? Never had that experience ...

PS. Your FIRST line of defense is a firewall followed by regular, active scanning for malware. Maybe everyone outside of me isn't aware of that ...

7. K5TRI

You must be very smart. How do you know that you never had a bad experience?

8. KN4CRD

KN4CRD Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep. Bitbucket has that too :) https://bitbucket.org/widefido/wsjtx/issues?status=new&status=open (look! it's bug free!)

Most of the users, though, aren't developers so a groups.io mailing list is a fine choice for direct interaction.

Cheers!

Best,
    Jordan / KN4CRD

KK4NA likes this.
  9. N6SPP

N6SPP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

~~ Nice, "MultiPsk" de F6CTE- The 747 Cockpit of digital programs. Another program I ran circa 2000 was "HamScope" and "Zakanaka".. 73, Eric n6spp

KF4ZKU likes this.
  10. AA5CT

Since you asked, I met or exceeded the requirements for the task at the time.

11. NN2X

NN2X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Harry! Yes, indeed we worked, it is all very good, and like I said on many responses and modes, the growth and innovation is all in the digital modes,. I am willing to bet next year there will be more enhancements

Cheers c u on the bands, NN2X, Tom

12. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I've never seen a decent part of the sun cycle (I've been a ham for 3 years). What happens to this mode when we do hit a good part of the cycle?

I predict people bragging about mw contacts.

13. NN2X

14. NN2X

Truth be told, when the sun spot cycle is in full swing, SSB on 10 meters and 15 meters will be very active, (Along with 17), for several years on 10 meters, I would work VK,ZL as locals, with 100 watts, and they would use verticals,

Below is an video of a QSO, I had with a German daily, on 10 meter and he was only using 5 watts.

This is very common, and daily when the sunspot cycle is on fire,

I would suspect in 2 years (Maybe less), you will get great contacts again on 17 meters,

KF4ZKU, G3SEA and KE0EYJ like this.
  15. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yagi is down now (bad coax) but I can still run 17m pile-ups at least once a week or two into the EU from here at HL1ZIX. I have a 5 story building to work off of, so it's not difficult. I'm spoiled. NOT doing that at 5w.