JS8

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by K7NWF, Apr 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K7NWF

K7NWF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello everyone. Recently i have had several JS8 QSO's and when I log them as JS8 mode it accepts that and also comes back automatically with s duplicate entry listed as data mode. I now have 2 entries in my log for the same QSO, time, date, band etc.

Any ideas why this is happening?

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

3. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I noticed the same but I think it is happening when you sync your QRZ logbook to LoTW. When I look at my LoTW logbook those same QSOs are listed as data and ther eis only one entry there. So what I think happens is when you d/l from LoTW your QRZ logbook sees this as a new QSO and makes a new entry in the log for it. But in reality they are the same QSO just with a different mode assigned in each record.

So I don't know the answer but it seems like the ARRL LoTW does not recognize JS8 as a mode and is the one to do the fixing.

I deleted the dupe entries with the mode as DATA from my QRZ log, leaving only the original log entries in my QRZ log which are correctly labeled as JS8.