Joystick ?

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by WA9SVD, May 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi All,

Is there an adapter for "old style" joysticks to work with new, USB only ports found on most new computers?

2. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

3. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure theres serial to USB adapters that allow you to hook an older Serial style Joystick into a USB port.
    I have one on an old Sidewinder Joystick.
    The Problem is finding a driver that will work....
    YMMV

KK4NSF likes this.
  4. WA9SVD

• I'm curious, if not confounded. MY"old ("KRAFT" ) joystick has a 15 pin "D" style plug that connected to the joystick/MIDI connector on "ye olde sound card." Was (or were) there a serial 9 pin "D" connector or 25 pin "D" connector in use at one time? I know there are adapters for RS232 >< USB; that isn't my question.

5. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

6. KF5LJW

KF5LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

Easy peasy. This One is great and comes with Drivers.

7. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

This reminds me of a project I did quite a few years ago: I adapted a Nintendo Power Glove as a mouse..... for use with a projector during lectures and presentations. It actually worked pretty good.... and looked REALLY COOL. I could stand next to the screen, and control the presentation by moving my hand like a crazy person. The only problem I had was that folks paid more attention to my glove-mouse than they did to what I was saying!

[​IMG]

KC8RLU likes this.
  8. WA9SVD

9. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

10. KC8RLU

KC8RLU Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

Sorry. I couldn't resist. :D

In all seriousness, try this: https://www.amazon.com/Rockfire-gam...HDBR4MG0C45&psc=1&refRID=AYHGMAT0QHDBR4MG0C45