For Sale Johnson Viking 500 Transmitter

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K8CCA, Jun 14, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K8CCA

K8CCA Ham Member QRZ Page

For sale Johnson Viking 500 Transmitter. I bought a large lot of equipment, and just don't have the desire to restore this fine piece of equipment.

It's complete with tubes, but missing the sheet metal cover for the power supply. The power supply has modern caps installed, as well as a couple Peter Dahl transformers (I think one is a choke). The front panel has some paint scratched, so be aware that this is not a pristine unit. There is evidence of arcing on the plate caps.

I have not applied power and don't have the desire to do so. A careful restoration should be done before putting this into operation. It's a beast for sure, and pretty rare. So don't miss this chance to own one.

Asking $1,250

call or text 616 three two two 6439

Will need to be picked up, as it weighs around 150 lbs. Located in Grand Rapids, MI

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. K8CCA

Please feel free to make me an offer, I am interested in a quick sale and might be asking to much. Don't worry, I won't be offended. These where included in a large lot of radio equipment that I purchased, in a buy it all type deal. I was after the Collins stuff, so this needs to go to someone that will appreciate it.

3. K8CCA

I am in luck, the previous owner called me today as he found the power supply sheet metal!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AD5HR and W7UUU like this.
  4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.