Johnny Cash

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KG4YUV, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: FBNews-1
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KG4YUV

KG4YUV Ham Member QRZ Page

So I'm sure some of you may have seen the film "Walk The Line" and now have a thing for Johnny Cash, or some of you may, like myself, have liked Johnny Cash before the movie's debut. So any thoughts on Cash, the man in black?

Interested to see what others in my age group have to say.

2. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Johnny Cash is one of my favorite artists. I enjoyed the movie, but it wasn't one of my favorites. I guess the biggest thing I like about Johnny Cash's music is the tone of his voice. My favorite songs include, but are certainly not limited to, Folsom Prison Blues, Tennesse Flat Top Box, Boy Named Sue, Wanted Man, and Cocaine Blues.

I think the youth nets would certainly get more activity if they were more open to any kind of discussion, including music, television, movies, books, history, art, technology in general, and whatever else came to mind. While radio serves a purpose as a service, and we spend a lot of time chatting online about the above mentioned topics, I believe that the radio is one of the greatest tools for connecting people, and why not get the youth on the air to discuss what they care about? So a great topic here, but don't forget to ask you buddies on the radio about such things, too [​IMG]

edit: yep I meant Folson Prison Blues...

3. KE5FIX

KE5FIX Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't you mean Folsom Prison Blues?

I have liked classic country including Johnny Cash for a couple of years But, I had no idea how hard of a life he lived untill after the movie.
    It was funny how many times I caught myself singing along to the songs in the movie. [​IMG]

4. K8PG

K8PG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

MY Wife and I went to 3 Johnny Cash concerts/June Carter,they were great ,hes one of my favorites,never will be another,just like never another Tex Ritter:) or Willie Nelson:) or Buck Owens:) or Hank Williams SR/JR,my son who is 20,likes this music also its ageless.
    PAUL
    OH I LEFT OUT MERYL HAGGERT AND JOHNY HORTON! [​IMG]

5. KC0KBH

KC0KBH Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't mind Johnny Cash, but haven't seen "Walk the Line." I prefer Pure Prairie League, more, over Johnny Cash.

6. W8LBO

W8LBO Ham Member QRZ Page

I like Johnny Cash. Haven't seen the movie, but I heard that it wasn't very real. You know I how people always say they're basing things on real life, but throw somethings way out of proportion, and skip saying other things. Otherwise Hollywood would lose out.

7. NR4AW

NR4AW Ham Member QRZ Page

....Conway Twitty; etc. etc.

Great stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.