Caution JETSTREAM JTV680: 6-80 METER VERTICAL

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by NV1U, Mar 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  • QRZ
    Important Rules
    Why this post has been flagged with "Caution"

This listing was flagged with Caution because it did not conform to our swapmeet safety rules.

We mark all non-conforming posts in this manner, regardless of any previous history or reputation that the indicated seller may have. Every listing is evaluated separately and we always urge extra caution in dealing with sellers whose listings don't conform. This caution notice may be removed if the seller subsequently corrects the problem, the details of which may be noted below.

Note that even if and when the listing does conform to our safety rules that QRZ does not endorse or recommend any any swapmeet sale or offer.

Notes: Please look for moderator comments below for the specific reason this listing was flagged.
    Our moderators may remove the caution flag once the listing has been corrected.

1. NV1U

NV1U Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Description:

This antenna is heavy duty and well made. I used 200 watts PEP and had no problem with SWR on any of the bands without using a tuner plus all the bands tune to 1.2 to 1 with my Kenwood TS-480HX. (Be careful to lineup the holes in each section for correct length! I used nuts and bolts when I disguised it as a flagpole! I’m including the standard mounting clamp hardware!)

It was setup and operated in Boston for about 22 months.
      It is in Good Condition (GC) but the effects of age and/or the elements indicate that some of the aluminum is discolored but still structurally sound.

Being a “Compromise Antenna” I’ve had descent success with it ground mounted at 1.5’ when it was disguised as a flagpole and at 10’ above the ground on the side of my condo. I've worked DX and state side stations. I don't get great reports, but it does work. As a “Stealth Flagpole Antenna” I was pleased with the performance from JTV680. I would not recommend it to someone who wants ideal performance, especially with the band conditions as they are in now. It does work well for a compromise antenna though. I’ve only worked 10 meter ground-wave yacking local hams plus a few contacts on 6 meters.

Specs:
      • Transmit range: 3.5-57 MHz
      • Receive range: 1.8-90 MHz
      • Impedance: 50 ohms
      • Maximum Power: 250 watts
      • Maximum Wind Rating: 90 MPH
      • Connector: SO239
      • Length: 23' 3.5"
      • Accepts Mast size: 1.25-1.5"
      • Radials: Not required
      Cost $259.00 Sell $190.00 + S&H

Attached Files:

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Your call sign must appear in at least one photo with the actual item for sale. Thank you

3. QRZ
      Important Rules
      Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.