Jerry Sevick, W2FMI - SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by AA7BQ, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
  1. N0NB

N0NB Ham Member QRZ Page

Like others, he will certainly be missed. Thankfully, we have his published works to continue to learn from. R.I.P., Jerry.

2. KA5S

KA5S Ham Member QRZ Page

Another one gone.

Slainte, Jerry! People'll be saying "Sevick writes..." for a long time yet.

Cortland
    KA5S

3. VU2BGS

VU2BGS Ham Member QRZ Page

condolences

It is very sad to know that OM Jerry is no more .
    I got interested in Vertical antennas from early 70's after reading articles by him .
    He has been a great inspiration to many of us . His wonderful books will continue to keep us inspired .

God Bless his soul and may God give his family the courage to face the great loss.

with heartfelt condolences

Kumar
    VU2BGS

4. KD7ZOS

KD7ZOS Ham Member QRZ Page

Rest in Peace Jerry. Praying for your family. Late blooming ham, 65 years young, now. Would anyone be kind enough to tell me where I might get a copy of this book Jerry wrote, on Transmission Line Transformers, and how much please. Blessings to all, Tom KD7ZOS and Stay Safe!

5. VK2TIL

VK2TIL Ham Member QRZ Page

6. IZ2OOS

IZ2OOS Ham Member QRZ Page

Jerry's legacy to the ham community

Jerry's contributions to ham radio are enormous, in my view. His contributions seemed to me many decades ahead of the time when he wrote. I know that there are a number of hams, I am just one of them, that are replicating what he thought and experimented ages ago. I liked his approach, reading his unsurpassed masterpiece on transmission lines baluns. Experimental, but based on theory, with measurements and replicability. He was a truly ham. I wish I could have only the time to catch him on the air!
    Ciao Jerry

Franco IZ2OOS

7. NA0AA

NA0AA Ham Member QRZ Page

I got both of his books, the ARRL one and his own hard cover from Amazon. Fast shipment too.

8. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Jerry Sevicks , books

I have been directed to his books a number of times .
    As I go looking , like Amazon books , I find that the prices are 5-10 times over retail .
    Still looking ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.