ad: HamHats-1

Jeri Ellsworth AI6TK will be AMSAT/TAPR Banquet Speaker

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Apr 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Jeri Ellsworth AI6TK will be AMSAT/TAPR Banquet Speaker

Entrepreneur and electrical engineer Jeri Ellsworth AI6TK will be guest speaker at the AMSAT/TAPR banquet which takes place during Hamvention 2018 in May

The twelfth annual joint AMSAT/TAPR Banquet will be held on Friday, May 18 at the Kohler Presidential Banquet Center, 4572 Presidential Way, Kettering, OH 45429 (just south of Dayton). Doors open at 6:30 PM for a cash bar with the buffet dinner served at 7:00 PM.

Jeri Ellsworth, AI6TK, will present on her innovative ideas and adventures in Amateur Radio. Jeri is an American entrepreneur, self-taught engineer, and an autodidact computer chip designer and inventor.

[​IMG]
    Jeri Ellsworth, AI6TK

She gained notoriety in 2004 for creating a complete Commodore 64 system on a chip housed within a joystick, called C64 Direct-to-TV. That "computer in a joystick" could run 30 video games from the early 1980's, and at peak, sold over 70,000 units in a single day via the QVC shopping channel.

Ellsworth co-founded CastAR (formerly Technical Illusions) in 2013 and stayed with the company until its closure on June 26, 2017. In 2016, she passed all three amateur radio exams, earned her Amateur Extra license, and received the AI6TK callsign. This has now launched new adventures into Amateur Radio. She has been featured in January 2017 QST and in YouTube videos from Quartzfest earlier this year. Jeri has been given a free hand to speak on whatever topic she wishes (as long as it's amateur radio, somewhat).

Source AMSAT News Service

AMSAT at Hamvention
    https://www.amsat.org/other-events/amsat-activities-at-hamvention-2018/

Hamvention http://hamvention.org/

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2018/april/jeri-ellsworth-ai6tk-amsat-banquet-speaker.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

N2NH, KD0WTB, NS6V and 8 others like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like fun:)

KA8SYV likes this.
  3. K1FBI

K1FBI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is that photo from 2004 or did she invent the joystick when she was 10 years old?
    Either way, a brilliant young woman.
    Way to go!

SA1CKE and KA8SYV like this.
  4. KG5THG

KG5THG Ham Member QRZ Page

Very cool!

5. KA8SYV

KA8SYV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

GREAT choice for a speaker, FB.

6. W0IIT

W0IIT Ham Member QRZ Page

Nah, when she was 10 she was building race cars with her dad!!!

N2MDA, W1YW and K1FBI like this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, DX Dinner conflicts....

8. K8XG

K8XG Ham Member QRZ Page

I was following Jeri on Twitter 6 years ago during the time that Arduino and other maker boards were starting to be all the rage. She was into Large Scale Integrated Array Programming at that time. Truly a gifted lady.

AG5IX and KA8SYV like this.
  9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

...and she plays a mean bass guitar:)

K5JEF likes this.
  10. N2MDA

N2MDA Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations and I wish you success at the dinner presentation. I look forward to the day when we can have a QSO on 20 meters. I hope that Amateur Radio can be your friend for life, as it is mine.

That O scope you have there is simply awesome !! Have fun with it. BOB N2MDA

11. K0OKS

K0OKS Ham Member QRZ Page

One of my early (and few) FT8 contacts was Jerri. I recognized her from her YouTube Videos.

N2NH likes this.
  12. KI4KGK

KI4KGK Ham Member QRZ Page

You go... Public speaking is fun!,,,

13. AG6IF/SK2024

AG6IF/SK2024 Ham Member QRZ Page

Wish I could attend, a little too far, but sure would like to say hi in person some day..a fan here.. :) de AG6IF

N2NH likes this.
  14. KW6JIM

KW6JIM Ham Member QRZ Page

Will AMSAT be streaming the talk, or recording it for later posting. I hope so!

Good luck, Jeri!

Jim KW6JIM

15. K7YB

K7YB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

guess which dinner I'm passing on.

KD8AQT and W1YW like this.