Jeri Ellsworth, AI6TK is interviewed by Tim Duffy, K3LR

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Jun 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. KM1H

KM1H Subscriber QRZ Page

I dont remember the current Millers and previous model/makes # as Ive changed over the years as belly up auctions and storage facilities clean out non payers. My ancient 295A Lincoln stick welder made for Montgomery Ward is the only thing I trust for suspension and steering work plus heavy truck frames and have had it since buying it used in Chicago in the early 70's. Dont remember ever using it at full ratings but Ive run some long beads well over the high amp ranges 20% rating without overheating.
    This is an Internet photo, mine looks a lot more used.

Carl
    [​IMG]

2. KD5OM

KD5OM Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish we had more young people like you.

W1YW likes this.
  3. KJ7WT

KJ7WT Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow! What an amazing person! Smart, talented, and articulate - a great ambassador for not only ham radio, but STEM in general. Enjoyed the interview very much.

W1YW likes this.
  4. WU8Y

WU8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

What is THAT supposed to mean?

5. WB8LBZ

WB8LBZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I watched part one of the magnetic loop video and spent a great deal of time looking for part 2. I saw this interview before it was posted on QRZ. Did you call your Stargate Loop video by a different name? Has it not been released yet?

73, Larry WB8LBZ
    El Paso, TX

6. W6RZ

W6RZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  7. AI6TK

AI6TK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Haha. I get asked that a lot. I have most of the footage, but lacking the time right now to edit. :)

K6AEA, WD3N, W1YW and 1 other person like this.
  8. W7ASA

W7ASA Ham Member QRZ Page

Jeri, your video that I remember most had me laughing out loud in amazement, when you showed how you had been cooking-up silicon semiconductors in (what looked to me like ) a toaster oven... excellent and welcome to ham radio.

73 de Ray

Ps. As a mag-loop-o-holic, I'm also looking forward to your loop, pt. 2.

N2NH likes this.
  9. SM7IUN

SM7IUN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm also so looking forward to the continuation of your magloop video on Youtube, Jeri. I'm planning to build a QRP version to use on my many travels. Random wires are hopeless in city center hotels, you completely drown in man-made noise.

10. AI6XN

AI6XN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You are the best Jeri !

AI6TK and N2NH like this.