ad: Alphaant-1

Jean Touzot, F8IL SK Age 109

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Dec 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Jean Touzot, F8IL SK

[​IMG]

Reported on DX-World Facebook page.
    Jean Touzot, F8IL's has become Silent Key aged 109. Jean was the oldest French Ham and probably one of the oldest in the world. He had to cease all radio activities only several months ago. RIP OM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found this on the internet also.

Posted on 22/09/2015 at 07:54

It is in the pneumology department of the hospital center of Albi that one finds more than a century of history. The doyen of the Tarnais has been staying in the establishment for a week. A place where he had the opportunity to celebrate his 107th birthday with all the staff on September 18th. It is in his room as spacious as luminous that Jean Touzot welcomes us. If it would take hours, even days to make his perfect portrait, the few minutes he gave us yesterday, help to define the character. Sitting comfortably in his seat, Jean tells his story that could make envy. After a brief stint in the army, he began a long career as an electromechanic. "As soon as I stopped military service, I was quick to buy a bike to find work, in the past it was much easier." Born on September 18, 1908 in Algeria, he arrived in Toulouse twenty-two years later with his parents. Once his ranges of electromechanic made in the pink city, he obtains a post at the mines of Carmaux in 1936. He will remain there for the next thirty years. The first ten are long and painful. Victim of some health problems, Jean continues to the mine but in the offices as industrial designer.

Meanwhile, like many French the future centenary takes part in the Second World War. "I went to border cities with Germany. The Germans requisitioned us to work the coal.
    After having listened to the Worker Jean, it is the passionate Jean who gives himself up. If he has practiced several sports during his life, "it is also what allowed me to reach my age", it is the radio that passionate more than anything. Jean Touzot is what is called an amateur radio. It is a means of experimenting with transmission techniques to establish radio links with other radio amateurs around the world. "I started this activity when I was in the army, especially to make contact with ships in distress."

After having traveled a hundred years now it is time to rest for Jean who is waiting for the visit of his daughter of ... 79 years.

[​IMG]

https://translate.googleusercontent...s.html&usg=ALkJrhisMe4C9yuI4a1UJZOwsgBzqeGe4w