JARC Antenna Launcher kit

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by N9GUE, May 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N9GUE

N9GUE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have assembled the antenna launcher kit from the Joplin JARC radio club. This kit came with everything needed and assembled in less than 30 minutes. I have tested it and it will launch the provided 6 inch projectiles to 100 ft high. This was a great club project. I give them and the kit a 10 out of 10 rating. Very good kit for 50 dollars. Thanks for these projects.
    Fred N9GUE

2. K2TL

K2TL Ham Member QRZ Page

I just received my kit and I find that the PVC ball valve is just about impossible to turn. I tried lubricating it with WD-40 with zero success. I have to put on end of the red valve handle in a vice to get it to turn at all. Doing this I turned it dozens of times until my hands nearly fell off. Nothing seems to lossen this thing up. Fortunetly, I have not assembled the kit yet so I guess I'll try and find another valve at a Home Depot or Lowes. I read where one guy boiled the valve and got it to loosen up. Any ideas on this?

3. N9GUE

N9GUE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Mine seems to get easier to turn. I have used silicone spray on it. N9GUE

4. W2GIW

W2GIW Ham Member QRZ Page

I had the same issue. Used all sorts of lubricants. Nothing worked.
    Got another valve at Home Depot. OK of a while but like the first one, tightens up!!
    I have a 2IN one on my slop sink pump to regulate the discharge and theirs no hope of moving it now!!
    Beats me....Ken