ad: portazero-1

Jamboree On The Air 2015

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by 2E0WED, Sep 21, 2015.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. 2E0WED

2E0WED Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]JAMBOREE ON THE AIR 2015[​IMG]

What is Jamboree On The Air (J.O.T.A.)?

It is the only Annual International Scouting event and is open for any member to take part from the youngest Beaver to the oldest Leader.

[​IMG]
    On the third weekend in October every year, for the last 57 years scout have taken part in Jamboree On The Air. It involves setting up a radio transmitting station somewhere and then using it to contact members of the Scout movement around the World.

In the past we have been successful in exchanging contacts with places such as: South Africa, U.S.A., Canada, Gambia, French Guyana, Chile, The Falkland Islands, as well as across the U.K. and Europe – I could go on and on but I won’t.

We have used a variety of locations in the last few years but this year we have been invited back toWirral And District Amateur Radio Club’s meeting place at IRBY CRICKET CLUB, MILL HILL ROAD, IRBY.

We will be operating from 10 A.M. till 8 P.M. on Saturday 17th October and 10 A.M. till 2 P.M. on Sunday 18th October.

Anyone from any unit can come along and visit but…. If you want to come as a group, please get in touch so that I can co-ordinate not having too many people there at once.

[​IMG]
    No-one has to go on air and speak, you can just come along to watch and listen but, if you want to, we will put you in front of a microphone and let you have a go.

Come along and see that Scouting really does go on all over the world, not just locally.