ad: chuckmartin

Jack Gerritsen's sentencing postponed again!

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Jack Gerritsen's sentencing postponed again!

As of 4:00 PM today, 1st June 2006, per USDA Lamar Baker, Jack Gerritsen's (the former KG6IRO) sentencing has been postponed to June 26, 2006 at 10:00 am.

The Judge had not signed the order as of this time, but the indication is that he will, as to give Mr. Gerritsen's attorney no fuel for their appeal after the sentencing.

If there are any changes, I will let you know.

The court is :
    Roybal Federal Court
    255 E Temple Street, Los Angeles, California
    in Room 850.

Be Safe,
    Burton Brink-N6USO
    Owner/Licensee of the 145.440- 136.5 (Tone) Repeater Sunset Ridge, Southern California
    www.n6uso.com

Daily Amateur Radio RSS News Service:
    http://www.southgatearc.org/

Add News Service to your Website: http://www.southgatearc.org/rss/index.htm
    Add News Service to your PC: http://www.southgatearc.org/rss/newsreader.htm
    Upload Your News Items: http://www.southgatearc.org/news/your_news.htm

2. KB2VDV

KB2VDV Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for the update on this case. I was searching the ARRL website a couple of weeks ago and I did not find anything.

Kb2vdv De Laura

3. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

While the Wheels of Justice may grind together slowly at times, nevertheless, they continue to grind away. Hopefully, Mr. Gerritson will finally get a sentence befitting the crime, and taking into consideration past offenses.

4. KB7UXE

KB7UXE Ham Member QRZ Page

is he being held in jail, or did he get out on bail?
    if he is out, is he still operating?

I thought he was in jail.
    Dan.

5. KB2VXA

KB2VXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Not entirely unexpected, Glen has been dancing for years so when Jack asks "May I cut in?" is it any wonder? Now why is that song by the Doobie Brothers playing in my head? Well, eventually Waltz To The Music will end and the juke box will start playing I Fought The Law (and the law won). Soon enough the Kosmik Debris will be cleared and he'll be watching that Concentration Moon (over the camp in the valley).

6. W6VPS

W6VPS Ham Member QRZ Page

UXE:

No he is NOT operating (thank goodness).YES he's in jail. Also the feds snapped up EVERY bit of gear that he had.
    I believe they left the antennas and coax though.
    And as Burt mentioned, Gerritsen has already made it known he plans to appeal. The sentencing judge is making dang sure there are NO grounds for appeal based upon alleged unfair actions by the sentencing court.
    IF the judge gives him the max sentence it's conceivable mad Jack might die behind bars. Regardless, I don't think mad Jack will ever bother SOCAL hams again.
    Paul/W6VPS

7. KB2VXA

KB2VXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi again,

"I believe they left the antennas and coax though."

Where is Peter Greeder the meter reader and his weather machine* when we need him? A supercell loaded with lightning, hail and high winds is in order here.

*That's how the announcers at WABC 710 in NY used to introduce the weather report in the "Halcion days" of the mid '60s.

8. KD5XB

KD5XB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sooooooo............

It's the 26th, what happened?

7 3
    Earl

9. wpe6fni

wpe6fni Banned

It's sorta like another "Winner" here in Ca. named "N6MZA" who'd harrassed everybody within his perview while he lived in San Diego, Ca. and every repeater owner down there as well as casual users wanted to hang him from the nearest "Oak Tree" as he made MORE enemies than friends while living there! Now he's harassing everybody who's not HIS FRIEND on 75m SSB operating out of Sacramento!

fni

10. KC8NRO

KC8NRO Ham Member QRZ Page

I cant seem to find the post on what this guy did. I went back to about Jan 2005- about 8 pages. Must have missed it. but it must have been bad, What did he do drop a bird on 75 meter with a few KW's for a day or so, Must have to want him dead?

11. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

You Must not have looked TOO hard... There's an active thread now in the "Ham Radio News" Forum, and many in the past. No need to repeat the same everywhere.
    But in short, he was jamming Amateur and Police comms. And apparently spent time for the same in the past, but didn't learn his lesson. And without a license. He has a LONG rap sheet of offenses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.