'J5T' now active...

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by W5BIB, Oct 10, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Seems ALL the upper bands have been hot the last week! Not 6 but from 10 on down.... and 30 meters has been rolling on into the late night - almost being active 24 hours a day! Haven't seen that in a very long time.

I love a speckled Sun :)

Dave
    W7UUU

DM2TT and W5BIB like this.
  2. W1BR

W1BR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I see my computer worked yours last night. Didn't realize it until I hit the log key a minute later...

W7UUU likes this.
  3. WB8VLC

WB8VLC Ham Member QRZ Page

Olli,

My moxon is all aluminum tube on an 8 foot boom, the elements are tapered aluminum tubing going from .75 inch then .675, .5 inch then the folded tails are .375 inch.
    I have a passive element near the 15 driver to add 12 meters and 12 meters was very good sunday, 12 was sounding like 20 meter ssb.

The elements mount to aluminum element to boom plates and these elements are insulated using Stauff blocks from the element to boom plates.

I used 4NEC2 to optimize directivity along with vswr and F/B across 15 meters along with the 12 meter passive coupled driver.

DM2TT likes this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

My computer told me it had a really pleasant and cordial visit with your computer and hopes to chat again ;):D

Dave
    W7UUU

K5MUG likes this.
  5. DM2TT

DM2TT Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah,thanks for the detailled infos!
    Since i run very old gear i have no warc bands.My idea is a 15m moxon with 10m coupled element.
    I think i can fab that so that it survives the north sea storms here on the coast.
    Good idea about the hydraulic blocks.I once built a 6m yagi that way,it takes away all the boom correction and hassle.
    Olli

6. WH6LU

WH6LU Ham Member QRZ Page

7. WH6LU

WH6LU Ham Member QRZ Page

Did the IMPOSSIBLE, and it wasn't until after the Q i realized I was QRP 17M SSB....
    My power was set at 5 watts on my ts590sg...
    Last time I was QRP was on 10m, but a MUCH BETTER solar flux !!

8. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Worked them easily on 17 SSB today . . . not many calling back.

9. N2ATP

N2ATP Ham Member QRZ Page

got him with no problems or pile-ups on 14.280 up 5 on tx -- 5/7 into stuart florida on the 1st shot 10/16/21 -- 20:11 edt

10. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

FINALLY !
    40m CW 21/0521z with 100w & 80m OCF Dipole only up20ft :p

Due to new flight schedules, the new dates of the
    DXpedition are from 9 to 22 October 2021

Next to last day !