ad: SOTA-1

It's Time For The FCC To Get Back To Enforcement...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W8BYH, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I still have a complete Commodore 64 system and a lot of floppies with games and a few more serious apps.

It too "worked the last time I turned it on" which was in fact THIS century...er, I'm pretty sure, but early this century.

2. KD4IYI

KD4IYI Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, or actions are policing, but not enforcing.. when the amateur auxiliary find these issues were to notify the FCC, if we can identify, locate, and record for proof, this helps the FCC get the fines in the lids hands, if there's more reports after that, then the courts would be involved and the lids station, possibly more is to be acted upon, perhaps with the addition of incarceration... Policing is is, enforcement is FCC... But the more coffin nails we give em, the easier their job is, the easier their job is, the more likely they'll perform to the historical levels... They're being cut down so far so fast, i was driving a semi in the early 90's, and unless there was real proof down to that level, the FCC wouldn't respond at all, not even blatant violations on the CB shots that we're illegally selling amplifiers that were more powerful than the 1500 Watts that is our maximum, ones that splattered past the edge of the 10M band... CB is still allowed much less than 10 Watts, but i doubt there's been a raid on anything related to them since then, and they interfere more than we ever do... So, please... Give them their nails they need, a bit of respect, and some patience, they have tons to do, no time to do it in, with little party, less respect than and less departmental income than meter maids...

Seannon

N4AAB and N2EY like this.
  3. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Just because the term was "hijacked' doesn't make it right, or correct.

4. K1NNG

K1NNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Amen brother! I applaud your ideas.

5. N4AAB

N4AAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, back in early 1990s, when newsgroups and email was all we had, there were lots of Mac, Apple, CBM Pet, and Amiga computer users pointing out that PC means personal computer, not IBM PC even if IBM called them that.

6. K1NNG

K1NNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I still use a commodore 64.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.