It's Time For The FCC To Get Back To Enforcement...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W8BYH, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. KD8OSD

KD8OSD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So then we really DON'T need the Parity Act?

K1OIK likes this.
  2. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

If there was an increased need, you'd think ARES would be crying for more involvement. Their silence has been deafening.

KD8OSD likes this.
  3. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you wonder why I am sometimes not responsive, I don't react well to name calling, even if it's not me.
    Using that term diminishes you not the Federal Communications Commission.

4. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Which? Use VHF SSB? Or behave drama free ?

WZ7U likes this.
  5. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes.

WZ7U and KK4YWN like this.
  6. MW6ZAN

MW6ZAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Qrm levels at my qth make it very difficult to use hf at all, when you have a signal level of s8 across the hf bands 24/7 it makes one wonder why bother. Vhf and uhf seem to be the way to go but with digital rearing its ugly head on the analogue frequencies i wonder how long it will be, before the vhf bands are also dead thank the gods for echolink, OFCOM are the uk spectrum police and they seem to be having the same problems as the FCC lack of money and a loss of interest in policing the bands, unless of course they are selling off parts of it for mega amounts of money o well theres always fly fishing to fall back on. 73

KA4DPO likes this.
  7. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Intracies of the English language, usage of "you".... In my message "you" meant you as part of your group of hams for emergency work. You, SVD, will be welcomed as a volunteer when volunteers are called or provisions for them made. You may work a radio or empty bed pans, but you can find something to do.

You as a ham considering yourself part of the "emergency response" won't be utilized unless you have some ongoing relationship with the first responder services.

My guess is he will rue the day he said that. Expect ARRL HQ tar and feathers soon!

KD8OSD likes this.
  8. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Absolutely we do NOT need the parity act.

KD8OSD, WA7PRC and K1OIK like this.
  9. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds familiar, the FCC is mostly concerned with Cellular companies and big money interests and they really don't care about amateur radio. There have been maybe four high level FCC actions against amateurs in the last 20 years or so that seemed to drag on forever and they probably cost the taxpayers a couple of million after all was said and done. Unfortunately it seems as though our hobby is becoming a nuisance to the FCC instead of a resource.

10. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not?

Seems to me we need A parity act, but not THIS parity act.

WD4IGX, AF7XT, K4KYV and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.