ad: SOTA-1

It's Time For The FCC To Get Back To Enforcement...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W8BYH, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. W8BYH

W8BYH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been listening to the Hurricane Watch Net now for several days, and the amount of bad behavior on both the 40 & 20 meter frequencies is astounding. Everything from knuckleheads tuning up on frequency to what can only be intentional interference to bad language and pissy attitudes.

The net controls are doing a first rate job to try to keep communications open into Florida and south Georgia, but too many bad actors on the frequencies are making their jobs tougher.

W8BYH

WD4DXQ and N3AB like this.
  2. KK4ZYM

KK4ZYM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3. WA4ILH

WA4ILH Subscriber QRZ Page

Write to your congressman to refund the FCC. Presently, the FCC is closing offices and reducing manpower. The situation is likely to get worse before it gets better.
    Tom WA4ILH

4. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

This is what I have been saying about ARRL, too. Enforcement of all kinds should be their #1 priority for interacting with FCC. If they are going to push bills at Congress, the first one needs to be an enforcement restoration bill. If they are going to push for rules changes or other administrative efforts at FCC, enforcement should be priority #1. And not just "bad hams," but all kinds of interferences issues that aren't getting better with time.

N0NB and W5TTP like this.
  5. KV6O

KV6O Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just remember, to John Q Public this will just be another special interest group clamoring for tax money. Smaller government and fewer taxes is what the People want. By 30+ years of political pressure, the Federal government is the smallest it's been in probably 75 years.

KC1DRW and WA8FOZ like this.
  6. AB2YC

AB2YC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hams are supposed to police themselves.

KA4DPO, N4FLF and K1OIK like this.
  7. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a great idea, that works in exactly 0% of other disciplines when real people are involved.

I remember when they said the banks would police themselves, and the markets, and the insurance companies, and ...

In ham circles, I remember when FCC said that electronics manufacturers could police themselves with respect to RFI. Those would be the same people who brought us plasma TVs and electronic light ballasts and cheap switching supplies.

It takes very honorable people to police themselves in anything.

K4KYV, N9MB, N0NB and 6 others like this.
  8. KK4ZYM

KK4ZYM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

True, but this is about enforcement. What do you suggest that hams do in that regard?

9. AB2YC

AB2YC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Figure out exactly who he is and then 100% shun him

When they realize no one will talk to them at all the hobby will not last long for them

AG5CK and KA4DPO like this.
  10. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I can name NUMEROUS Amateurs that fit that description,............. and are adamantly supported (even idolized) by other Amateurs

N2EY and KK5JY like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.