It's one thing to trash talk Ham radio here, but to do it publicly......

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K5TCJ, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought that's what SOTA was all about?

G8ADD likes this.
  2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Indeed... we might have had 50 more pages of stuff to read. ;)

3. W5WN

W5WN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I was also first licensed in the W2OY era. One time I answered a W2OY CQ. I was about 16 years old and when I called I did not use phonetics. Mike responded and we had a cordial conversation. I think, much like today, there were some operators that were upset about the change in the licensing structure. However, I am not so sure that his reference to Class A operators was strictly about license class. I think he objected to poor operating practices. He may have been using Class A operators meaning only good operators. At any rate, he was a colorful character and many from that era encountered him.

4. AG4RT

AG4RT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

None that I have ever see, but then I'm a relative newb.

5. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

K1OIK said:
    As far as the transmitter I thought you knew the DX-40 and could recognize the wrong coil. You can't recognize this common vintage transmitter? I thought you were very more adept than I, my error.

Like I said he set you up for that so he could put you down.

Just like when he said this.
    He does not want anyone to say anything bad about him or laugh at him as he said. But he can say this to you Jim.
    I guess he says I have "no redeeming value" if I remember the phrase correctly.

John, WB0MPB

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    N2EY likes this.
  6. W2AAT

W2AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Mike was in battle with his ex partner W2AFY, Dave Stein. Much of the conflict was between groups in WNY and Ohio.... They were interesting days... BTW, Mike died on his tower... sort of like a viking funeral for hams...

7. WB0MPB

What you really mean but will not say is you are using this as an excuse to not answer because you had no idea what the answer was right?

8. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Think of the time Burt could have saved by not posting that he was not going to answer.

WZ7U, K1OIK, W7UUU and 1 other person like this.
  9. WB0MPB

Like when N5NJJ says all Baofeng owners have poor operating practices. Lumping one group all together as bad just because they are in that group.

John, WB0MPB

WU8Y likes this.
  10. WB0MPB

Burt would not know about SOTA activities as they are kind of like contests. Just a quick QSO exchanging useless info and a standard 59 signal report.

John, WB0MPB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.