It's official... CB'ers run newer radios than I own.

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W1BR, Oct 11, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

Outside of
    From 2003ish to 2006ish, in the DC metro region, when I had a CB in my 4x4 I seldom heard anything on any of the channels aside from some trucker chatter on ch19 during "rush hour" (not including use specific to offroading on ch4). Sometimes it was no different than what you hear on 2m repeaters, other times is what the stereotypical stuff. Otherwise, silence. Kind of like VHF/UHF today. :)

Chris

2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

When you have a REALLY big signal, you are in "the strawberry patch",......................... Jus Sayin

3. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Heck he is still in diapers ham license wise. Maybe by the time he is using training wheels he will improve.

K8AI and W1BR like this.
  4. W0JPR

W0JPR Ham Member QRZ Page

There is still a bunch of inane crap on the CB bands. Lots of people running linear amps and going way over 4W because there is little to no enforcement. I tried listening in when I'm on my road trips and it's just as bad as it's always been.

K8AI likes this.
  5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

What is the main Trucker Channel now a days ?

Is CH 9 still in use ?

6. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

Not many color blind terrorists around.

7. K4PIH

Just another "let's bash CB thread" poorly disguised as "CB'ers have better radios than me", started by some wonk in his basement waiting for his mom to pay for and bring down the pizza he ordered on-line. Go back to playing solitaire for the 5 hours a day awake and leave the real radios to those who believe radio is radio.

I have to agree that some of them have better radios because they actually care about a good set up and don't depend on a credit card to "get on the air".

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was wondering when you would show up to defend CBers :)

K8AI likes this.
  9. K4PIH

Yup. Started out on CB and did it the legal way. Good antenna and COAX, lowest possible SWR. Graduated to amateur back in the early 80's but still CB on occasion and I still do it legally. :)

KP4SX and WD4IGX like this.
  10. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

K8AI likes this.