It's Ham Vs.Ham As Radio Amateurs Are In Conflict At ARRL

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KX4OM, Oct 7, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's one of the reasons I voted for you - and sent my ballot in the day I received it.

K2GOG likes this.
  2. KM4KGN

KM4KGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Really? According to the tax information (public record for non-profits, so feel free to look it up) the combined salary for the top 11 paid ARRL Officers in 2016, was in the neighborhood of $7 MILLION....I'll let you do the math from there.

The ARRL is just like dozens of other non-profits...only a very small portion of the money they take in, actually make into the program. The bulk of it goes to paying excessive salaries to the executives.

KC1DR, WB6RDV and W3KHG like this.
  3. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Of course they must claim a lot of deductions to offset that as well as the profits from their publishing empire. Yet they still beg for equipment donations to W1AW

4. KG5THG

KG5THG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I just love the question and answer for Section A, 7b:

Question: Are any governance decisions of the organization reserved to (or subject to approval by) members, stockholders, or persons other than the governing body?

Answer: No

KM1H likes this.
  6. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

That figure is total compensation, including benefits & payroll taxes, for one hundred staff members, not just the officers.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    WU8Y and N2EY like this.
  7. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

that's dumb. do you know how to read? look at form 990 page 7 and 8. most directors are uncompensated; officers' compensation was $800k.

N2EY likes this.
  8. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So if we take $7,000,000 and divide by 100, the total compensation is about $70,000 each, including all benefits and payroll taxes.

And that's in CT, where the cost of living isn't low.

IOW, nobody gets rich working at ARRL Hq.

73 de Jim, N2EY

WB3EYB, KE5OFJ and KA0HCP like this.
  9. KM4KGN

Actually...no. It's just for the 11 top officers.

10. KM4KGN

As I said...the information is public record. It not my fault you lack the ability of how to look up ALL of the relevant information.