ad: chuckmartin

It's fishal

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KL7AJ, Jul 5, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll be speaking at the Stone Mountain GA Hamfest in November. This is Jim Massara, N2EST's home club. The Georgia ARRL state convention will convene there at that time, too.
    Jim Massara has illustrated a TON of my articles since 1983, but this will be my first actual eyeball QSO with him. He did most of the artwork for the Opus, as wall.
    My topic will be "Keeping the Amateur in Amateur Radio." I think you'll like it. But you have to be there.

Eric

2. WD4OOZ

WD4OOZ Ham Member QRZ Page

See you there. Should be a GREAT Hamfest this year.

Jerry

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm expecting great things too. I've never been to Georgia before, and before March I'd never been to the South at all! My son moved to Florida two years ago, so we had our first excuse to head down that way. Stay tuned!

4. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Georgia! There's a place you never hear of since USSR broke up. I wonder what it's like there.

I can't really imagine what any place in eastern Europe is like.

5. KK4KHS

KK4KHS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The Stone Mountain Hamfest is the only 2 day hamfest in Georgia. It's held at the Gwinnett County Fairground in Lawrenceville with Lots of space for the huge bone yard, big indoor flea market and nice exhibit hall. http://stonemountainhamfest.com/

6. WD4OOZ

You will be flying into the Busiest Airport in the world ,
    then will more than likely be disappointed with Stone Mountain's majestic peak and
    guaranteed to be frustrated with the massive Atlanta traffic.

I say this with a smile on my face as I bow my head, shaking it from side to side.

Georgia is a beautiful place to see and experience.......
    only if you don't come from One of the MOST Beautiful States and areas in the world. ALASKA !!!

The majestic snow capped mountains towering into the clouds with beautiful waterfalls with flowing clear water from the melting snow on these mountains.
    It doesn't stop, it seems to go on forever .... the definition of beauty is Alaska.

And the views..... Well, they have to be experienced to be fully understood .

Then there is the weather.
    Weather is relative to the area. Any Area or region.
    No matter where you are it is either too cold or too hot.

In Georgia the summers are hot and the winters are mild......
    You will find Hamfest time to be warm (maybe HOT ) when everyone else is complaining of cold. LOL.

Well Georgia is a great place, maybe just to visit, then return to where they call home, but many return and make this their home.

Once you visit Georgia , you will return again.
    (just about all the airlines stop in Atlanta). LOL

There are not any Strangers here in Georgia only friends.
    Because a stranger, is a friend that I haven't met yet.

There are many GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT HAMS, and FRIENDS we know and
    GREAT FRIENDS that are here waiting to be met, Here in Georgia.

Hope to met a new Friend from Alaska.

Jerry
    WD4OOZ

7. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Jawja, oh jawja.

There sure are a lot of good songs about Georgia. Can only think of a few about Alaska.

Here's one with a mention of Georgia

8. WD4OOZ

There is one thing about Georgia that most people don't know....

The first Gold Rush in North America was in Georgia.... not Alaska... and you can still pan for gold there still.

Jerry
    WD4OOZ
    Georgia on my mind..

9. KK4KHS

KK4KHS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Get your tickets now and make plans to attend!!!!
    Spaces are becoming limited.

http://stonemountainhamfest.com/
    Some of the speakers at the 2016 Stone Mountain Hamfest and ARRL Georgia State Convention are:

• [​IMG]Eric Nichols, KL7AJ, prolific ham-radio writer and two-time winner of the Bill Orr, W6SAI, Technical Writing Award;
    • [​IMG]Dave Freese, W1HKJ, co-author of Fldigi, one of ham radio’s most popular programs for digital modes;
    • [​IMG]and, via Skype, master radio instructor Gordon West, WB6NOA, author of the popular series of ham study guides available from The W5YI group.

Saturday Forums

Time Location Topic Presenter
    9:00AM Forum Room Georgia ARES Mission, When Disaster Strikes Dave Benoist/AG4ZR
    10:00AM Forum Room EME Earth-Moon-Earth Communication

Ray Rector/WA4NJP
    11:00AM Forum Room ARRL Activities In The Southeastern Division Dr. Eugene Clark/W4AYK
    12:00PM Forum Room Keep The Amateur In Amateur Radio Eric Nichols/KL7AJ
    12:00PM VE Testing Area Ladies In Amateur Radio – Part 1 Catherine Andrews/AC4YL
    1:00PM Forum Room DMR Digital Mobile Radio Tom Powers/W8RED
    1:00PM VE Testing Area National Parks On The Air Margie Spangenberg/KK4AGN
    2:00PM Forum Room Vintage Radio Restoration And Renovation Dr. Gary Bush/W6GB
    2:00PM VE Testing Area Ladies In Amateur Radio – Part 2 Catherine Andrews/AC4YL
    3:00PM Forum Room D-Star Innovations And Multi-Mode Devices John Davis/WB4QDX
    Sunday Forums

9:00AM Forum Room Lightening Protection And Grounding Greg Abernathy/AI4UD
    10:00AM Forum Room The Digital Mode FLDigi

All attendees will be entered into a drawing for a SignaLink USB (you must be present at the forum to win!)

Dave Freese/W1HKJ
    11:00AM Forum Room via SKYPE Gordon’s Way To Inspire The Ham Radio World Gordon West/WB6NOA

https://www.facebook.com/2016stonemountainhamfest/