Item bought and paid for but mis-addressed and never received by me.

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by K7IRC, May 14, 2019 at 2:28 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-2
  1. K7IRC

K7IRC Subscriber QRZ Page

On May 3rd W2NER of MYRTLE BEACH, SC advertised a Yaesu FH-2 for sale which I bought and paid for using Paypal. The item was shipped the same day and a Fed X tracking number was provided. That tracking information showed it was delivered on May 7th to some address in Mentor, OH. The problem is I live in Highlands Ranch COLORADO. So apparently someone else is in possession of my paid for item. A claim with Fed X has been filed so hopefully there will be some resolution and I will either receive the item I bought and paid for or a refund for the wrongly addressed shipment.

2. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

It rather smells like a scam. Find a valid tracking number from your town to anywhere, Take the buyer's money, provide a bogus tracking number, wipe hands on pants.

N9ZDZ likes this.
  3. K7IRC

So W2NER of MYRTLE BEACH, SC said he shipped to my paypal address. It ended up in Mentor OH. I've never been there, don't know anyone there, have never used an address in Mentor OH. He will only say he shipped it to my paypal address but will not say what specific address he sent to other than some paypal address I know nothing about. I would stay away from this seller unless you have money to burn and don't expect any merchandise in return. Wonder if he has relatives or friends in Mentor. Let him show evidence of where he actually got an address in Mentor OH. It surly was not from my paypal account.

4. K7IRC

Investigating him here he looks like there's satisfied customers so I'm surprised he chose to simply ask to have the thread closed by administrator. Guess he does not want to talk about it or allow any discussion while he spends my money. Is that right W2NER of MYRTLE BEACH, SC.

5. NZ4X

NZ4X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds like a shipping error. Going by W2NER profile page and ham activity I doubt he is trying to take a fellow ham over a $99 item. Follow up with Fed-ex before jumping to conclusions.

WR2E likes this.
  6. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

NZ4X likes this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Since the previous thread on this topic was locked (by me) but the buyer feels the need to start another, so be it. That thread was not in the appropriate place, as it was in the Swap Meet section. So fine to start it here if it must be.

But QRZ does NOT get involved in such disputes - does not "take sides". This must be a discussion between the buyer and seller. And posts cannot be deleted....

Tread carefully - your words are written in ink, so to speak.

Both parties need to think long and hard before posting further

My advice: give it some time to sort itself out. But that's just me

WR2E and KJ4VTH like this.
  8. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

A guy with the bucks he's got doesn't need yours!
    Check out them cars!

You sure you were dealing with the REAL @W2NER ?

Are you sure that neither he nor you have transcribed the tracking number incorrectly?