It Works!!!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KO4HFX, Apr 7, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. M7BLC

M7BLC Ham Member QRZ Page

Very jealous - as a UK newbie in England I am only allowed 10 watts which unless the propagation is in my favour getting any distance is difficult. As for burning the shack down I am just planning to earth my vertical antenna before the lightening finds it. If that does not work then I have plenty of cold beer to hand to drink whilst I warm by the fire :) 73

N1YR, WZ7U and PU2OZT like this.
  2. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

That's what it's all about. Welcome and enjoy.

3. KA2RRK

KA2RRK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That's great work! You did a pretty good handyman station construction job. More fun will follow-up.
    Just be patient with the sunspots...

RRK

4. W3TKB

W3TKB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey neighbor (OK, you're 340 miles due South of me, but in ham radio terms that's close):
    You mention running 100 watts on HF, just curious what type of antenna you put up. Curious minds want details! Take care and 73.
    Brando

N8RKD likes this.
  5. N8RKD

N8RKD Ham Member QRZ Page

Try 20m between 14.225 and 14.260. I worked Janus in Lithuania with my 100w station on 14.253 and that was fun! Enjoy the ride.

6. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm enjoying your enthusiasm! It never gets old. Lately I am running QRP and an AlexLoop. If I get any QSO at all, it's a thrill! But yeah I expect propagation will continue to improve.

WZ7U likes this.
  7. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I wanted to “Like” but just couldn’t. Ugh.

Please consider this post a friend’s nod of recognition to your recent knowledge.

W7UUU likes this.
  8. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

hehehehe
    Wait til you work some really off the wall contacts.
    For funs and giggles you should try working aeronautical mobile stations on VHF AND HF
    Working maritime mobile on HF
    working bicycle mobile HF operators like the guy in the UK.
    There are lots of other great contacts out there but good luck and have fun.........
    Number one rule of ham radio......... have fun !!
    Second rule....... screw those that limit your fun.

WZ7U likes this.
  9. PU2OZT

PU2OZT Ham Member QRZ Page

I, for my part, don't give a ### what I'm allowed as per my entry level Brazil license.
    Twenty months that our wonderful regulatory Agency doesn't offer us any upgrading exam, so I self-gave me some more bandwidth.
    As for QRO, the day I have decent antennas, I'll switch right from 100W to +3kW.
    Just 'cause life's too short.

Oliver

AD5HR likes this.
  10. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You know, either one of those would make for a pretty good day, if ya ask me.